Tuesday, March 19, 2019

ST. PATRICK'S DAY AND BEYOND


I hope you all had a good St. Patrick's Day on Sunday.  Mine was very low key.  I went to church wearing my green and was the only one there in that color (except for Pastor in a green vest).  No one, it seems, celebrates St. Patrick's Day.  I, on the other hand, celebrate everything!


I wasn't able to get stewing meat for an Irish Stew and I didn't have a ham so we had a pork roast for dinner.  It was so good.  I made green and waxed beans for the vegetable and we had Irish Soda bread.  A great dinner.

Monday was a sort of slow day.  I needed it to catch up on all the running around I had been doing.

Today I made some blueberry muffins to take to church for Bible Study.  I was in a hurry so I just used a mix to make them.  They were still good.  Only two left to bring home for Joe.


And now I think I'm going to take a nap.  Even though I got a lot of sleep last night, I'm still tired.  That's the beauty of being retired.  I can go to sleep in the afternoon if I want to.

Hope you all have a great last day of winter.  Tomorrow is finally spring!


9 comments:

  1. We ALL wore green on St. Pat's Day- except for my hubby. The only green he owns has Green Bay Packers printed all over it. lol
    Your meal sounds delicious. I went to Olive Garden with my daughter and ate soup and salad. My grandgirl works there so it was fun.
    Have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wearing of the green here either. I have some friends who make a point of wearing orange. I didn’t do that either. Hope you have a pleasant nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually had green vines on my beige socks! I really do not own any green :(
    I don't think I've ever had soda bread. I love naps! Even when I don't sleep,just lying in peace & quiet....Glad you got one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wore the only green thing I own! Saw a bit of green at church but not much. Ellen has her fingernails painted green...done for the dance she went to.
    When I was an Activity Assistant in a dementia unit at the nursing home I worked at I helped some residents make soda bread...it was a flop and I never tried it again! Your meal sounds wonderful.
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt wear green to church and didnt notice a lot of others that did. your meal sounded so good and the muffins look yummy. Glad you had the two for Joe! Rest well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Around here, there's green everywhere. It's a big day, and the meal is my favorite. Corned beef and cabbage. Yum Yum! You have a nice nap, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made a half dozen blueberry muffins for our small group bible study. Everyone was sick so we had to cancel the evening...guess who ate the muffins?? Hubby and I snacked on them the entire day..ruined my diet but Yummm they were so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a drop of Irish in me but I wore green and made corned beef and cabbage! I celebrate everything too..everyday should be a celebration! It's sunny today and I think I'm going to get out my Easter decorations. I love Easter and I'm so glad Spring is here..now if Mother Nature would just cooperate and send some warmth up here that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We wore our GREEN!
    But we didn't have a delicious dinner like you and Joe had. Sounded yummy!

    Yup, retirement has many perks, naps are just one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.