Monday, March 25, 2019

MONDAY MAGAZINE



Hello, friends!  I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday -- the start to a new and exciting week.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to teach Sunday School to two sweet little twin girls.  They are two years old.  I wasn't prepared to teach but found all kinds of things for Noah's Ark and taught them that.  They were so good.  I had a game of "What Animal is This?" with some animal pictures, gave a very short lesson, had them color some pictures, play with a magnetic farm animal game and then got out the Playskool Noah's Ark which they took to the floor and had the animals all over the place.  I figured their attention span wasn't too long so had lots for them to do.  When their mom came to get them, she asked if they had fun.  They both yelled "YES!"  I told them my name was Miss Kathy and asked if they could say that.  One of them said (rather loudly I might add), No!  Their parents are doing church planting for our denomination.  I haven't seen them for a long time and have never met their girls although I did send them a gift when they were born.
Today I want to show you a magazine I finished last week.  This is the March 2003 issue of Country Home.



This was an interesting issue and I finished it much quicker than I expected to.  Of course a lot of the things they mention to do is not possible in our house and on our budget.  But it does inspire one to get rid of the clutter.  Light and airy looks for spring... rooms to relax in...  I would love to have my rooms look like those.  It says to simplify your style but I would like to simplify my life.  I'm getting way to old to deal with a lot of the things I do.

But let me show you the back page.  It's my favorite page in this magazine.



The caption reads:  Cow Town -- Photograph by Brad Simmons.  At Janie and Dick DeGuerin's 150-acre Texas farm, they call it springtime when the first longhorn calf is born.  "We know it's spring when instead of listening to frogs and coyotes at night," Janie says, "we hear newborn calves calling to their mothers."

All newborn animals are adorable and this calf is no exception.

Have a great day everyone.

Kathy



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like the little girls did have fun and I know you did too! Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years ago, I had the little ones in my class at church. I found it very interesting. Sounds like you really enjoyed it too. I love that back cover. There is a special place in my heart for all animals. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That magazine is classic style because if it were March 2019, I would believe it. So much inspiration in this life. You are yourself inspiration. I love how you taught the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet country picture in that lovely magazine....they are so fun to browse through this season. Thanks for sharing such a cute story of the littles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those girls are so adorable! It was nice seeing their parents again. I really liked the magazine cover. I agree with you that all suggestions are not doable for me either. However I LOVE looking at the pictures & dreaming! :) I saw the forecast (with much warmer temps!) & thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That back page must be taken from our neighborhood! We have calf's and baby goat sounds these days.

    Once a Librarian, always a Liberian. Well done with the twins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy, Kathy, and all in good ways. I enjoy reading the recaps of the magazines you are reading and you certainly had an oldie this week - 16 years ago! Babies are timeless, no matter whetheer humans or animals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.