Saturday, March 9, 2019

KNITTING



These old arthritic hands have been doing some knitting.  I had stopped for awhile because the pain was so bad, but now I push through until it is so painful that I just can't do it anymore.  I am addicted to knitting and I don't know what I will do when I can no longer handle the needles.

I am doing another temperature blanket this year.  My idea was to have a dark landscape at the bottom, a brilliant sunset in the middle and a dark sky at the top.  I chose my colors with this in mind, thinking I would embellish it with some embroidery at the end to make the picture just right.  The temperatures had another thought in mind and it is the strangest combination of colors I have ever seen.  Actually, I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.  Here it is with January and February completed.



Last December I began making an Advent Scarf.  I was supposed to knit a section each day for 24 days.  It turned out to be way too much knitting for one day.  That would be the only thing I would have been doing all day!  I began it, but then fell behind and began making all kinds of mistakes.  It finally got so messed up that the last pattern I did you couldn't even see it because of all the mistakes and attempted corrections.  I put it aside and didn't work on it for 2 1/2 months.

A few days ago I picked it up, looked at it and thought I could really do this.  I have lots of time before Christmas.  😁  I ripped the entire thing out and began again.  I also used smaller needles to make the stitches tighter.  It is turning out so much better than it did the first time.  I have the first section completed -- the Christmas trees.



I won't get a lot of knitting done today, though.  We are having our second "Second Saturday Matinee" at church this afternoon.  Our feature this month is God's Not Dead 2.  I haven't seen this so I'm looking forward to it.  Joe and I are picking up Donna, and then after I drop them off, I will go get Cathy and Kathy.  Joe found a huge bag of popcorn at Shoprite for only $4 so we have lots to serve to people.  I just love these movie days.  It is shown on the big blank white wall in our Fellowship Hall so it is just like being at the movies.  So much fun!

And so now I am going to begin my day.  Lots to do.  I hope you all have a fun Saturday too.

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. I love your temperature blanket! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is beautiful and both will be great when finished. Have fun at the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting is so beautiful! The pastel colors are my absolute favorite! So very pretty! It truly is a work of art!

    I'm sure you are going to enjoy God's Not Dead 2 - it is such a powerful, inspiring film about faith! Both Melissa Joan Hart and Jesse Metcalfe are fantastic in it, and so is Pat Boone! Enjoy watching!

    Blessings! Net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed the film thanks for visiting me x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blanket and scarf are just beautiful. Enjoy your movie and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your knitting and the scarf is especially beautiful.
    My Mother in Law always had needles in her hands and I cherish the blankets she knitted my hubby and I and our two sons. We will continue to use them until they fall apart. Her hands hurt too but that didn't seem to stop her. I think she is probably knitting the angels some goodies in heaven too. The movie day sounds wonderful. Enjoy the popcorn and movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While both scarf & blanket are beautiful, I LOVE the bright colors on the temp blanket! Really eye catching. Hope everyone enjoyed the movie & popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your temperature blanket this year, Kathy.I love that idea. I think the knitted piece with the trees is very pretty, too-even if you did have to re-do it.
    Happy knitting. I am so sorry that your hands hurt so bad. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that temperature blanket! Same goes for the scarf. Knitting is something I can’t do. My mother never did it either so maybe that’s why I never learned. Hope you had a good turnout for the movie. I’ve never seen that one either. Sounds like a good time.
    Take care....we will enjoy a nice warm up this week, won’t we?!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.