Friday, March 1, 2019

CLOSING OUT FEBRUARY


Can you believe two months of this wonderful year are now history?  And March has come in like a lion.  It's snowing and we are expecting freezing rain.  To top it off, I have an eye doctor appointment this afternoon.  *sigh*

I keep telling myself that this has got to be near the end of winter.  The sun is getting higher in the sky.  Daylight savings time begins next week.  Soon I'll be seeing flowers blooming -- won't I?

So let's look back at what happened last month.

It's been a very cold month with lots of snow.  But not as badly as other places, so I really can't complain.  One reason I like living in Philly is because of its moderate temperatures from the two rivers we are between.

We celebrated Groundhog Day with Punxy Phil telling us it would be an early spring.  He lied.


Then we headed right into Chinese New Year -- the Year of the Pig.


My one amaryllis bloomed.  It was beautiful to look at as I suffered from a terrible cold.  I haven't had a cold in years and fortunately it took only 10 days to leave me.


I was still sick on Valentine's Day, but Joe spoiled me anyway.  I made it up to him by cooking the dinner I had planned (steak, asparagus, parsley potoatoes) when I got better.


The robins came back.  Lots and lots of them.  I have never seen flocks of robins before.


I began baking something each week.  It's fun and tasty too.


I still haven't gotten the car to the garage because I overslept yesterday.  It's on the agenda for next week.

And now we enter March.  Here's hoping it's a great month for us.






8 comments:

  1. I like the way you gave February the boot. 😁 Here’s to a springy March. Phil may not have lied. He’s got a few weeks to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Phil DID lie. Spring is less than three weeks away and it is still cold and yucky outside. That early Spring just isn't happening. As long as it gets here soon, that's okay. I'm with you, I want to feel warmer temps and see lots of flowers blossoming in my yard.

    That blueberry cake looks delicious! You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to look back at your February. We only had snow this morning but are getting more tonight. And Sunday night into Monday. I’m so over it!! I’ll have to blog about the tree I saw yesterday....it was a beauty and so full of hope for my winter weary body, soul and spirit :)
    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our weather was up and down in February and Sunday we're expecting snow and then cold next week. I'm so ready for Spring this year. I got the "crud" this past week and, like you, it's been years since I've had a cold or flu. I'm not very good at being sick and I hate to miss work. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love'the boot'! It really has been an up & down month for you (& for most of us!). It was fun doing a back check with you. Phil gets a really raw deal. If someone pulled me out of my nice warm den,I'd predict more winter for them! Be honest,which of us wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy March to you, too, Kathy! I keep hearing Spring is around the corner, as well, but we are expecting more snow and extremely cold temps this upcoming week. May even be enough to build another snowman.

    Happy baking to you.... Oh, and I Love your beautiful flowers!!! So sweet! :)
    Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those robins sure are a welcome sight! Hope you are both having a good weekend. I just worked on my goodreads reading list and did a book review on the Forgotten Door. I read it....you mentioned it awhile back...and I loved it! I gave it 5 stars! Thanks so much. I don't think I had ever read it before! What a beautiful story. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.