Monday, February 18, 2019

WHAT I'M READING 2019/02 -- THE BELOVED CHRISTMAS QUILT BY WANDA E., JEAN, AND RICHELLE BRUNSTETTER



Hello friends!  I am writing several posts on Saturday afternoon while I'm feeling a little better.  Hopefully by the end of next week I will be back to myself.  But now I will tell you about the last book I finished reading.

THE BELOVED CHRISTMAS QUILT by
Wanda E. Brunstetter, Jean Brunstetter and Richelle Brunstetter

Image result for the beloved christmas quilt

The scripture embroidered on the back of a beloved quilt brings hope to three generations of Amish women at Christmastime.

LUELLA'S PROMISE by Wanda E. Brunstetter
Luella Ebersol has been caregiver for a dying woman and her young son.  When Dena Zook gives Luella her favorite quilt, she makes Luella promise to pass it down to her future daughter.  But Luella isn't sure she will ever marry if she can't find someone with maturity and faith like Dena's husband, Atlee Zook.

KAREN'S GIFT by Jean Brunstetter
Karen Allgyer and her husband moved to a slow-paced village to raise their children, but Karen longs for the closeness of family to help her through the challenges of managing three girls with one on the way.  When life's pressures rise, will Karen cave to her fears?

ROSEANNA'S GROOM by Richelle Brunstetter
When the unexpected happens on the day of her wedding, Roseanna Allgyer can't help but blame herself, despite not understanding why.  Then an old boyfriend returns to town, and she battles feelings for him -- while afraid of being hurt again.

I really like Wanda Brunstetter's books.  So I bought this not knowing that it was in three parts with her daughter-in-law writing the second part and her granddaughter the third.  Just as there are three generations of women in the stories, there are three generations of authors.  That was so unique.  I liked all of the stories even though I found the last one especially predictable.  But seeing as this was Richelle's very first book, it was good.  I did find that I liked Wanda's story the best.  I thought she developed her characters more than the other two.  The second story by Jean was very good too and kept my attention.  The third story I was able to move through very quickly.

All in all I am glad I read it but I probably would not buy a three-in-one book again.

4 comments:

  1. Nifty concept, but not so great when one author outpaces the other two. Well those kids just need to practice! Hope that you’re onnthe mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book review. How unique to have three books in one but not by the same author....but they are all related! I generally don’t choose books with Amish characters. Maybe it’s because I’ve lived around the Amish all my life.
    Hope you are continually feeling better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are feeling a bit better. That's good! Take care of yourself and I hope you are all better soon. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How unique! Three related stories by three related authors! While it's not my preference to choose such a book,I have enjoyed it when a trilogy is combined in one. Much easier! Get plenty of rest & take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.