Tuesday, February 19, 2019

VALENTINE'S DAY



(I am writing this on Saturday the 16th while I am feeling OK but do not have the energy to do too much.  Hopefully in a few days I will be back to real time.)

It is a few days after Valentine's Day but I thought I would tell you about it.  It wasn't the greatest day because I was feeling so sick.  I ended up spending most of the day laying on the sofa and watching TV.

On Wednesday Joe had to go to the bank.  I had to drive him because he no longer drives.  The bank he uses is in the Shoprite we used to go to.  I drove around for awhile until I found a parking spot and then sat there reading until he came out.  When he did, he had some beautiful flowers for me.  He made sure it included one red rose which is what he gives me every year since we've been together.  The one red rose is a very special symbol between us.





On the way home I had to stop for gas at Wawa.  Joe said he was hungry and wanted to get a sandwich so we drove over to the store and again I just stayed in the car while he went in.  He came out with a couple of donuts and one of them was just for me.


We had stopped at Rite Aid on the way to the bank and when we get home Joe puts a Rite Aid bag in my hands.  In it are Peeps!  You know I love those Peeps.  The large ones are regular flavor and the small hearts are strawberry creme.  Yum!


And a pair of Valentine's Day socks.  So cute!


On Valentine's Day morning Joe says to me that he forgot to give me something and hands me another bag.  There were two beautiful tops in it.

The first one is definitely for summer even though it has longer sleeves.  It is sheer and I will have to wear a camisole with it.


I love the cord around the neckline and the tassels on the end.


The second top was even prettier.  I love the Asian look to it.  Joe loved it too and that is why he got it for me.


This has shorter sleeves.  The sleeves have these sweet little pleats in them.  So pretty!


He also gave me a beautiful card.

I gave Joe a card and some of his favorite dark chocolate Dove candy hearts and a bag of Hershey kisses with conversations printed on the bottom of them.  Then I made him a dinner of hickory smoked ham, mashed sweet potatoes and mixed veggies.  He had a butter pecan gelato for dessert and I had a Klondike bar.

So even though I was sick, we still had a wonderful day.  Of course any day we are together is a wonderful day.

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. A wonderful day for sure! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, all of it....except that you weren’t feeling your best. But you surely made the most of it! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your Joe spoils you wonderfully! Those new tops are beautiful. I'm glad you were able to have a wonderful Valentine's Day even though you aren't all better yet. Get well soon, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated ) Valentines💖 Day to you Kathy.
    The bouquet and it's symbolism to heart felt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet day. And sweet hubby. I hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy- I am so happy you have such a wonderful husband that not only gets you things but KNOWS what you love. That doesn't always happen. You got some really great gifts and gave some back, too.
    Have a wonderful week, Kathy, and I hope you are well by the time the weekend rolls around. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're on the mend. This has been a weird flu season. You have a very romantic hubby who knows the way to your heart! I can see you know his heart well also! I hope you're all better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the love between you two! Such beautiful things! 9I prefer the second top.) Such a great hubby to remember the Peeps! It's the small things that make a big impression. Hope you are tip top soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy late Valentines day! Looks like you had a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.