Thursday, February 28, 2019

THIS AND THAT



Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a good week.  This has not been a busy week for me, but that being said you know I have been sleeping a lot during the day.  I just can't stay awake during the day.  Especially when I wake up around 2:30 a.m. each morning.  (Sometimes 3:00 a.m. and one day as late as 4:00 a.m.)

Monday was a windy day for us.  I cleaned up my yard over and over.  I finally gave up.  Thank goodness we have a fence so things didn't end up in the neighbor's yard.  But there were trash cans, lids, and garden furniture all over the place.

Joe, Rick and I went to the nursing home Monday also.  The residents there are so sweet and so appreciative of all that you do for them.  Rick led the singing and read the scripture and Joe preached the message.  It was on the Rich Young Ruler from Luke 18.  Three men asked Joe for a Bible.  He had one and will have to order the other two for them.

Tuesday I got a new picture of Hadley.  Can you believe she's 18 months old already?  Her mom says she is the Cheetos monster.  What do you think?



Yesterday I worked on the house.  There's so much to do around here.  I have no idea how it got so messy.  Then in the evening we went to Bible Study.  We finally got through 2 Samuel 18.  It's been several weeks we've been trying to do this chapter.  First Joe was sick.  Then the streets were icy and we called it off.  Then Joe was sick again.  So now it's on to chapter 19 next week.

Also yesterday I worked on the lessons for my Ladies Bible Study which is starting up for the 2019 season next week.  That means the winter is almost over and spring is on the way.  I always start the study around the beginning of Lent and end it at the beginning of Advent.  I love teaching the study but it sure helps to have a break for several months.

Today is going to be a busy day.  We need to take the car to the garage early this morning.  It has been recalled and we have to get the new part put on.  Then I am taking Joe to get a haircut and we are going to go out for lunch.  I still want to bake today too.  Let's see what I can get done.

And with that I have to get going, take my meds and get something to eat before I take off.  Hope you all have a good day.

Kathy



11 comments:

  1. How about that wind? The news even had a 'forecast' about where your trashcan would be blown to! so funny! The nursing home sounds so rewarding.To bring the Lord into someone's day ...what joy! Hope you accomplish all on your busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadley is adorable! Thank you for your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a busy day ahead! I hope things go well and the weather is nice! Take care..both of you! And thanks again for your friendship this past week. It made a difficult situation easier! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of the Cheetos monster! She is a cutie. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadley is so cute...loved the picture of her with the Cheetos. Take care of yourself...you always have so much to do and sometimes dont feel like doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling Cheetos Monster! She's adorable. Just because you are feeling better, don't overdo or you'll land back in bed. Enjoy your lunch and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it’s easy for the house to go haywire when there is sickness...how well I know! You have needed your rest and I hope that you’re catching up. Hadley does not look like much of a monster to me, but I can certainly appreciate her enjoyment of Cheetos.😃

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that adorable Hadley! It was so windy and I don’t like it at all. Thankfully all our trees stood the test :)
    Have a good day! Yay for March on our doorstep!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life just stays busy, doesn’t it? Hadley is precious! So glad you get new pics from time to time.
    Staying healthy is a lot of work! And we all need more rest as we get older...
    You do well, Pilgrim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had a cold week. A bit of snow too! 43 degrees about as warm as it got today. Granddaughter adorable and of course kids like crunchy cheesy chips. I'm cleaning a bit too. I try to stay on top of it but I don't....yet! Working on it a bit each day helps. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My week's been one of illness but today I went back to work and I'm feeling so much better. Like you I don't have time for being sick! Too much to do at home, church and work! Plus today was my birthday...a great way to say ta-ta to February and hello March and hopefully Spring. This weekend they're calling for a snow storm on Sunday. We'll have to wait for Spring weather for a while I think! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.