Wednesday, February 20, 2019

THE ROBINS ARE BACK -- CAN SPRING BE FAR BEHIND?




(I am writing this post on Saturday the 16th, but hopefully will be back in real time tomorrow.)

A few days ago I was sitting at the kitchen table making a cup of tea for this ridiculous sore throat I had.  I looked out the window and saw a flock of birds sitting in my tree.


I took a second look and said to myself, "Are those robins?"


First of all, I never see robins this early.  And secondly, I've never seen a FLOCK of robins let alone a flock sitting in a tree.

I also saw a pop of red and am thinking our cardinals are back.  That would make me so happy!


These pictures are so bad because I took them through the window and the screen.  But I was so happy to see them at all that it didn't even matter.


I am so over the cold weather and the snow even though technically we had a very mild winter this year.  I want to be able to sit in the yard in the afternoon and read a book while sipping my iced tea.  I want to see flowers and hear birds.  *sigh*  I can hardly wait.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.  Spring is coming.







10 comments:

  1. I, too,can't wait for Spring this year. We have had a very hard winter this year and more snow coming today. I expect schools will be closing early again.

    How nice to see robins....Spring can't be far behind! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eager for a warming trend here as well. I won’t see robins until April, but the chickadees are already singing their spring song. I noticed that as I was shoveling the driveway a couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No robins here yet. I can't wait to see all my little birds back, singing in my trees. I can't wait to be able to sit out on my porch all day and enjoy the warm air. You have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is coming! I've never ever seen a flock of robins before, I've only ever seen one in my garden. How strange! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on sipping tea in the backyard and listening to all the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if we've had a mild winter or just a plain crazy one! Today was a snow mess in the morning and pouring rain in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to Spring and seeing some color in the yard besides brown! So happy to see Robins around here too but we have cardinals all year at the feeder. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The daffodils are ready to bloom. Still in mid 40s during the day and low 30s at night. I'm looking forward to tulip season but looks they will be late as it got cold becuz of the snow and freezing temps we had the other week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I agree about never seeing a FLOCK of robins! You may have the only photo no matter the quality.I would have just stared. While I don't mind the snow,I've had more than enough of the up & down temperatures. 30 then 50 back to 25;did I hear a 60 in the next few days? Sheesh! Let spring come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy...I am in love with your first photo! I have spotted quite a few Robins in the past few days...don't you just love them! Spring is coming...let's hope for a beautiful season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.