Monday, February 11, 2019

THE FLOWERS HAVE OPENED!


I knew it was happening soon.  And yesterday it did.  The amaryllis opened.  This first picture is sort of dark.


I took the above picture last night, but wanted to get better pictures this morning.  And I did.  How pretty it is!




What's more, there are two more buds on the plant.


My hyacinth is beginning to turn brown.  It's life span is over.


But surprise!  There is another bud on the plant.  I have never seen a hyacinth bulb do this.  It's so exciting!


I'll keep you updated with these new blooms coming.

It is very cold today and we got some snow.  Not a lot, but it's supposed to be substantial tonight into tomorrow with some icing.  I was going to take the car into the garage, but I think it will wait until Wednesday.  I hope this is winter's last hurrah.

Stay warm!

Kathy





11 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, Oh I love the beautiful amaryllis. Pretty color too. In time for Valentines day. I find that hyacinths fragrance is just too sweet. I love lilacs...but they too can be overwhelming. Stay warm and safe...bad weather is still coming. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! A nice touch to the blah outdoors. I’m to have a haircut tomorrow and I need it badly. Might have to reschedule if we get what is supposed to come. Soooo ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bumper crop! How fun. What a scrumptious color on your amaryllis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful blooms, Kathy. Nothing like having a bit of brightness in the dull of winter. Happy indoor "gardening". xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty flowers. I'm enjoying my hellebores that bloom...even in the wind they are holding up, for now. Chilly day we had with wind and rain. a bit of snow Sat and that was it! Gone! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing such lovely flowers! I needed the boost that spring will get here. I have the news on as I write this (Tues morning) & get this---it's snowing in Hawaii! I'd not heard of that! Wonder what the vacationers are thinking...??? Stay safe & warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are so pretty and it is fun to see them bloom in winter time. Be safe in that weather and have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blossoms are beautiful Kathy. My Amaryllis is getting tall now so it should be getting buds soon. Your Hyacinth is just wonderful. I'll bet it smells wonderful too. I hope you are right, and the winter storms are over for now. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not so good with indoor plants. Your blossoms look lovely and I do love the smell of Hyacinths. I wish our winter was almost done but I think it's still has some snow left in it for us. I looked back at my posts from last year and it snowed for the last time of the season in April. That's Ohio for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blooms Kathy and just in time for Valentines what a special surprise. Stay warm and hang in there Spring is right around the corner.. Thank goodness. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.