Thursday, February 21, 2019

ROBINS IN THE SNOW


Hello, friends!  I am feeling much better and thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes.  I really appreciate it.

Yesterday we had a pretty good snow storm.  It closed the schools and even the city shut down at 1 p.m.  I was thinking of how it was when I was working for the city and we heard we would have the afternoon off.  How happy we were to go home to our warm homes and know we didn't have to be out on the roads when they turned to ice.

I sat at the kitchen table reading my book and looked out at the falling snow.  And then I saw the robins.  A huge flock of them sitting in the tree.




This is unbelievable.  We don't see robins around here until the end of March or even April.  And never in flocks.  Here's a little video I took.  The birds were flying all over the place.


And another one I took of the snow.



We got about three inches yesterday and today it is almost gone.




It is supposed to go up to the low 60s later this week.  This is the craziest winter I can ever remember.  But it is making my temperature blanket very interesting.

Have a good evening.

Kathy







3 comments:

  1. Seeing that many robins in the tree was quite an amazing sight, I agree. Even when we lived in VA I never saw so many at one time. Wonder is they were confused by the snow. We also had about 3 inches in NH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in Wisconsin we looked forward to the first robins of the year, which meant spring is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Robins! You are so lucky! I haven't seen any here yet. I'll have to start watching for them. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.