Friday, February 22, 2019

BAKING


Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful Friday.  These weeks just seem to fly by and here it is the end of February already.  I am feeling much more myself these days.  I think I have finally banished the dreaded crud and I am happy to see it go.

It is very early morning here.  I woke up at 2:00 a.m. and have not been able to go back to sleep.  So I have written two other posts for next week and now decided to pop in and do one for now.  I have a feeling that around 10:00 a.m. I am going to be very sleepy and will probably end up falling asleep in the sofa for several hours.  Since there is nothing urgent to do today that is perfectly fine.

Since I subscribed to Netflix earlier this month, I have been enjoying the numerous shows they have on there.  I finished watching "The Crown" and "Anne with an E" and am waiting for new episodes.  I am now watching "When Calls the Heart" and "Call the Midwife."  Lots of others also.  I have quite the list from history, and documentaries to drama.  I'm also watching several home improvement/cooking/antiques hunting/gardening/make it yourself shows.  

But one of my favorites is "The Great British Baking Show."  I always watch it when it comes on PBS, but now I have six complete seasons.  Somehow I have found myself watching the seasons backwards.  I began with season six and have watched that and season five.  I am finishing up season four today.  Maybe when I am done I will watch them again in the correct order.  So I have been inspired to bake.

Two weeks ago I had some blueberries that I wanted to use.  Joe and I love blueberry muffins, so I decided to make that.  I used a mix, but used fresh blueberries instead of what was in the can they provided.  They turned out wonderful.


Last week I was going to make chocolate chip cookies.  Then I got sick.  So Joe decided he would make them for me.  I had a mix so it was pretty easy.  I also had a half of  a cup of water on the table and was going to use the one tablespoon the recipe called for from that cup.  But Joe thought I had already measured things out and dumped the entire thing in.  He did his best to salvage it, and they were good enough that we ate them, but it just wasn't right.  *sigh*  Now that I am well, we will have to make them again.


This week I still had some blueberries so I made lemon blueberry bread.  I have the recipe on my other blog so I will link it HERE.  This turned out so good.  It didn't last very long either with Joe and I both coming from the kitchen to the living room with slices in our hands saying, "Just one more piece to eat while we watch this show."


Since I am now baking once a week I know I will have lots of other yummy things to show you.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm!

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you are feeling better! Your blog had me smelling blueberries!
    The lemon one sounds tasty.Never had it, but willing to be a guinea pig (lol)!
    Did you hear about the snow in Las Vegas & Calif? They never get snow! The news footage was really pretty though. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you couldnt sleep; I did the very same thing one night this week...ugh
    I love Call the Midwife on Netflix, it is one of my favs; all your baking sounds so good - makes me hungry. Wish I had some of that blueberry bread with my coffee this morning! Happy Friday and weekend. Glad you are feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baking photos look delicious. Maybe I'll bake something later today. My daughter lets me use her Netflix and I've watched a few really wonderful things. I'm glad you are feeling so much better now. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy Netflix and have watched many of the shows you have. I love Annie with an E. You should check out "Heartland". It's a really nice show. I love to bake too and take many goodies to work so I'm not tempted to eat them all...just a few bites, ha! Have a great weekend. My work day ended early and I'm totally ready for a weekend break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear you are feeling much better, we are still struggling :(
    Your baked goods are simply splendid, I love blueberry muffins.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend dear friend, it's more rain for us, float, float, float your boat....
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you are feeling better. I don’t do much baking (not that I wouldn’t love to....it’s just too hard to not eat too much of it!) but anything with blueberries is a favorite of mine. The bread looks yummy. And with coffee, oh my :)
    We have Netflix also. I’ve heard of the cooking show but never watched it. I have watched all of The Crown and loved it.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.