Tuesday, January 29, 2019

THIS AND THAT


Hello, friends!  It is a winter day for sure today.  It isn't too cold... yet!  It has been raining for a bit, but the snow is on the way.

I made a quick trip to Shoprite this morning so we are all set on food and other necessities.  I think I will be staying in tomorrow as much as possible.

I made cupcakes for church on Sunday and they turned out so cute.  I frosted them in white icing and added little sugar snowflakes that I had gotten the last time we were in Lancaster.  They were good too -- very vanilla.




I've been working on the afghan for Mary a little bit at a time.  My hand hurts so much that I can't do a lot.  But I do have 11 months to do it.  It is looking so pretty.





It is taking a lot more black yarn than I anticipated, so I know I will need another skein of that.  And I might need another skein of the variegated also.  I love it and may need to make myself one next year.

I got a dentist appointment and an eye doctor appointment made today.  I really have to get myself taken care of.

I'm heading out to start dinner now.  We are having baked chicken, mashed potatoes and a salad.  I got us little pies for 99 cents for dessert.  So it's going to be a good one.

Hope you all have a good evening and see you soon.

Kathy




10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that gorgeous afghan you are making for your sister. Makes me want to make one too. That supper sounds delicious! Now I'm off to feed my little guy. You have a wonderful evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your afghan...you are doing such a great job and she will love it. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, sweet Kathy! Mmmm...your cupcakes look so good! I wish I could have one with you :) And your afghan is looking simply lovely!

    I wanted to let you know that you are the delightful winner of the Christmas traditions book. You entered the giveaway last week and tomorrow I will be announcing the winner on my blog, which is you {{smiles}} If you could email me with your mailing information then I will send the book straight to you. My email is: kekepania525@gmail.com

    Enjoy the remainder of your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks so much Stephanie. I will get you my address right away.

      Delete
  4. The cupcakes were so delicious! The afghan is gorgeous! I really like the variegated yarn. It adds such a lovely tone overall.Afghans are truly a labor of love.By all means take care of yourself. Especially with this very cold weather.
    Yes, even though I usually like the cold,this is too much for me. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes are the cutest! I sure hope the temps come up soon! Stay warm my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The afghan is beautiful! Your dinner sounds good...we had mashed potatoes, too, for dinner. It was with roast beef this time.
    Stay warm....we had about 4 inches of snow and now it’s terribly cold! Bundle up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being the winner over at Stephanie's blog.
    Your cupcakes and blanket are winners, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cupcakes look way too good. ☺ The afghan is going to be striking. I really like the black as it sets off the squares so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blanket and the cupcakes both look great. It's been so cold where I live that I haven't left the house in 3 days. It was 15 degrees below zero yesterday. But it's been a great excuse to get cozy and read books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.