Friday, January 18, 2019

FRIDAY THIS AND THAT



Hello, friends!  Our snow event happened last night.  Well, I should say our first one.  This wasn't too bad, but the one tomorrow night is supposed to be a big one.  Not in the amount of snow, but in the amount of ice.  Not my favorite thing by any means.  I am actually debating about going to church if it is very slippery.  I don't need a car accident or a fall.

Yesterday Joe and I went to Shop Rite.  First we went to the older one where we used to shop.  Joe's bank is in the store and he needed to stop there.  We were going to shop in there too but...

I dropped Joe off to do his banking and looked for a parking spot.  After driving the entire lot twice and finding nothing (not even one far from the door), I saw Joe come out of the building, picked him up, and we went to the new Shop Rite.  We still had problem finding a spot, but at least I got one not too far from the door.  All the handicapped spots were taken, but it was just the other side of the aisle from them so it wasn't too bad.

I had been buying veggies, but I was entirely out of meat and fish, so we headed that way.  I ended up hitting all the sales and now have enough main dishes for the next 30 days.  We also got some frozen veggies since they were on sale along with pierogis and latkes.  And for not much money.  I'm already making up menus for the next few weeks.  Very seldom do I have this much food in the house and it feels good.  Especially with all this bad weather.

After we put the groceries in the car, we went back in and had lunch in the food court.  It was nice to just sit there and relax for a little bit.

When we got home we put the food away and then I said I wanted to clean out the fridge.  Joe said he would help me.  It didn't take us long and it looks so nice now.  And pretty empty.  (The freezer is a different story.)  We are going to do the refrigerator door today.


Last night for dinner we had stir-fry beef and veggies.  I had never made it before and had to look up a recipe for the sauce.  I had ramen noodles in the house and made some of them to put the stir-fry over.  Let me tell you, it turned out delicious!  Joe asked me to make it for him again. Good thing I used only half of the beef and half of the frozen veggies.   

This morning I woke up at 2:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.  So I spent 4 hours ripping out the blanket I'm doing for my sister-in-law Mary and re-doing it in another pattern.  I liked the colors, but I did not like the way it was turning out.  I decided to do granny squares instead and now I really love it.  I have three more blocks to go and then I will show you the first row.  I am attaching them as I go along so at the end all I will have to do is the border around the edge.  Five squares down, 75 to go.

I finally fell asleep around 6:30 a.m. and didn't wake up until 10:30 a.m.  I feel better now.  I needed that extra sleep.

It is almost noon and I have just finished breakfast.  So now I guess I will just get on with my day.  I want to finish putting all the Christmas decorations down the basement.  Time to winterize the house with my snowmen and snowflakes.  Just for a few weeks and then it's red hearts.

Hope you all are having a great day.  Until later...

Kathy



11 comments:

  1. That was a successful food shopping trip for you. You are set for quite a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn’t get much snow either. Not sure about this next one. My sister in State College is in for a lot of snow! No ice or rain there.
    Your grocery shopping trip sounds like a success. How nice to have meals planned!
    Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels so good to be stocked up when bad weather is on the way. We made stir fry this week and put it on a bed of rice...very good! Stay warm and safe this weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that you got your groceries and are ready to stay in during the snow and bad weather. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have very cold weather headed our way for the weekend Kathy so meal planning and grocery shopping would be a good idea. Sounds like you have it all under control. Y'all stay warm up there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day for shopping. I stopped and got lunch meat at a butcher shop. Better meat than in the stores. Rainy day here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo of the porch & swing! I can see myself with a cup of tea & a good book...Glad to hear you stocked up.The forecast does not sound promising.I can handle most snow but ice? No way! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our fridge is fairly empty so I cleaned it out while I had the chance! It feels good to accomplish a few things! We keep a stocked pantry and freezer both here at home and at the ranch. But I sometimes forget where I have what!
    If it’s dangerous ice, I would stay in and do devotions at home.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the photo of the new blanket. I try to keep my freezer and pantry stocked too. I'm not sure what we're going to get from this storm yet. It's looking like we're in for a lot of sleet and ice. We'll just have to wait and see what comes. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stir fry sounds delicious and I am glad Joe liked it! I am looking forward to seeing the new blanket. I am smiling about you getting up that early and tearing into ripping your stitches out. You sound like me. lol I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's also a good feeling to have a refrigerator full of food, and snow on the way. Here in Tennessee, the first mention of the "s" word and the shelves of bread and milk in the supermarkets go bare :)
    Hope you have less of a snowstorm rather than more, and you are able to drive to church safely.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.