Thursday, January 31, 2019

CLOSING OUT JANUARY


Hello, friends!  Can you believe this is the last day of the month?  January seemed to just fly by.  And with the cold temperatures we have been having, it's just as well.

It seems as if the entire country is in the deep freeze.  It went up to 17*F (-8*C) today and tonight is going down to 5*F (-15*C).  At least it's not as cold as Chicago.  I have friends there and I don't know how they are surviving.  The wind chill there is -55*F (-48*C).  Our house is old and drafty and it is cold in here even with the space heater going.  The only warm room in the house is the bedroom and I think I am going there soon.

But before I do, let's look back on this month.

The beginning of the month Joe and I met my brother Larry and sister-in-law Kim to celebrate mine and Larry's birthdays.  We went to a restaurant for lunch and had such a good time.

I worked some on my Advent scarf but the torn tendon in my left hand put an end to that.  I am feeling some better and hopefully will be able to pick it up again soon.  But I did finish my 2018 temperature blanket and start on my 2019 one.  Wait till you see the month of January in knitting!


I also started an afghan for my sister-in-law that is turning out beautifully.  But today I ran out of black yarn so I can't do anything until I go get some more.

We had a coating of snow, but nothing that lasted.  That was good.  But now we have the frigid temperatures.  If I can just hold on another day, it's supposed to warm up.

It's February tomorrow.  And so much going on.  Hope you had a good January.  On to the next month.






6 comments:

  1. This is the first time in a long time that I am unable to say that the month flew by. January dragged on and on for me. Perhaps it was that cold that lasted for three weeks. I can not imagine what it is like to live with the kinds of temperatures that Chicago has been experiencing. So glad to know that there is a warm-up on the way. Your temperature blankets always turn out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye January and hello February and hope to see some warmer weather on the horizen. I know we have a while yet, but at least we are a month closer. Enjoy your upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These temps are really something. Too cold to even walk the dog. I just scoot her into the yard.Your afghans always turn out so pretty! If I heard the forecast right, it may go into the upper 50's (maybe 60?) on Wed or Thurs? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The temps have been record setting! I hope it moderates this month! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I am glad cold old Jan. is gone. I am praying Feb will be kinder to all of us. I love your long blanket. :):) You know I love Peanuts cartoons. Stay warm and healthy. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I can't imagine what that cold frigid air feels like. The coldest its been here is mid 50s and that to me is super cold. I am so ready for spring too . I love to get my garden ready for family BBQing . the sun doesn't go down here till 9.00 in the summer.. SO READY... today is cloudy and drizziling and damp. MY HAIR is feeling it lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.