Tuesday, January 1, 2019

CATCHING UP -- MY BIRTHDAY


Happy New Year!  I hope that 2019 will be a wonderful year for all of us.

I am so behind with catching you up on what is going on.  I am going to try to be up to date by the end of the week.  Let's see how I do.

Basically I am very tired.  I think everything I've been doing for the last few weeks is catching up with me.  All I want to do is sleep.  And so on my birthday that is just what I did.  I stayed in my nightgown until 2:00 p.m.  Elaine gave me a beautiful warm and soft winter nightgown for Christmas and that is what I wore.  It backfired on me though when I had to answer the door and that was what I was wearing.

There was a delivery man at the door with a beautiful bouquet.  The card said they were from Joe and he wished me a happy birthday and said he loved me.  Aww.  They are so pretty.  I love winter bouquets.  Red roses, red carnations, pine cones and fir branches.



Little silver balls and branches sprayed with white paint to look like snow.



It came in a cute snowman coffee pot.  The lid is stuck in with the flowers.  This will be so cute to use in the future.  You can see Joe's Marine Corp nutcrackers there too.



After that I decided I had better get dressed.  So I hopped into the shower and then picked out my clothes for the day.  It was an easy choice since I had another new outfit from Joe.  I wore a purple plaid top and black pants.  He also gave me another earrings, necklace and ring set.  This time the center stone was purple to match the top.


I had no sooner come downstairs when there was another knock on the door.  Another delivery.  This time from Elaine.  She sent me a fruit and snack basket with a balloon attached to it.




I opened it today and Joe and I had some of it for lunch.  Look what was in this pretty basket.

Apples, pears and oranges.


Cookies, spring onion crackers, summer sausage with garlic, lemon drops, swiss cheese spread, dill mustard, strawberry preserves and a chocolate bar.


Everything was so yummy.

The evening of my birthday we headed for the Country Club for dinner.  Pastor and Carolyn, Rick, and Walt and Carole met us.  Well, Walt and Carole picked us up and the others went on their own.  We had such a good time at dinner.  I had my favorite -- chicken francaise over angel hair pasta.  I was so full that I took a piece of cake for home instead of eating it there.

So now I am 65.  And it's a new year.  I am feeling very positive about this year.  I will be back later with more to tell you and show you. It's going to be a great year for us to go through together.

Until later...

Kathy


13 comments:

  1. Turning 65 was a very good year for me. I got Medicare and because of that - I bought a really good supplemental insurance policy. I had been uninsurable for years and I am still so grateful for good insurance!!
    You scored on deliveries! Happy belated birthday wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember as children we stayed in our 'jammies'! It was such fun! Joe is so thoughtful.The flowers are beautiful & the teapot is so cute. Elaine's goodies look so delicious. It's always nice to celebrate with friends! Here's to looking towards a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 65
    You look much younger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a wonderful birthday and wishing you many many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day! Glad that you got dressed. ☺️ Now to follow your good example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome Birthday! Your flowers are just gorgeous, and that fruit and cheese basket is wonderful. It's okay to spend a day in your jammies. I love your new jewelry. So pretty! Good to have you in the "65 and over and on Medicare" club. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great birthday you had!! The big 65!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Kathy! I love your winter bouquet! You really hit the jack pot when you married Joe! He is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful flowers! And in a vase that you can display long after the flowers fade, so thoughtful of your Joe. Happy 65th. I’m right behind you....I’ll be signing up for my Medicare card very soon. Good grief, how did we get here already??

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun birthday surprises for you! Happy Birthday!!! I'll be 64 in Feb. Can't believe it...but still enjoying life and hope you are too! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Kathy, and also Happy New Year to you and Joe!
    Hope you are feeling better and certainly all those wonderful birthday surprises may have helped you feel less tired with all the excitement! The flowers were beautiful as was the snowman mug holder and so was the surprise "goodies" basket and balloon. Being 65 is the start of a new year of adventures and I too will celebrate a milestone birthday in another month. Also, I enjoyed your Christmas blogs and thank you for your comments on our blog last year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday. Hope the new year goes well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Kathy!!
    Your bouquet is beautiful and I especially love the vase. I hope you have a great year .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.