Saturday, January 26, 2019

ANOTHER WEEK GONE ALREADY?


Hello, friends!  I am glad this is not the view out of my window today.  We are supposed to get snow next week, but nothing like this.  Although it has been wicked cold, at least we can get around.

I find my days are either super busy or spent sleeping trying to catch up on what I've missed.

Joe and I were going to go to a Theology Conference last night, but he had a little seizure and wasn't feeling well so we stayed home.  He almost never has seizures anymore but every once in awhile he does.  There really isn't a cure for epilepsy but the doctors keep it under control for the most part.

I had nothing put out for dinner since we were going to eat there, so we ended up getting a pizza and chicken for dinner.  We order a pizza about once a month from Dominos.  Once we get enough points, our sixth one is free.  It was free pizza night.  Joe eats the pizza and I eat the chicken.  I am trying so hard to cut down on carbs.

Joe had an Elders Meeting at church this week and he was elected the delegate to our Annual Conference.  I said to the Pastor, "Again?!"  But since Joe is our only Elder there aren't a lot of choices.  Oh well, it's a little vacation for us each year.

I got a picture of Hadley this week.  She is at her grandmom's house.  Isn't this cute?  She is so big now.


I have some baking to do today.  It is my turn to bring the treat for Fellowship Time.  I am going to make cupcakes iced with white icing to represent snow and decorated with snowflakes.  And I want to make blueberry muffins for breakfast.  Since I have to wait an hour after taking my medicine before I can eat, that's the perfect time to make them.

I'm still working on my two blankets.  I have done a lot on the one for my sister-in-law and can't wait for you to see it.  I will take a picture this weekend.

I am going to have to go for now, but I will be back soon.






14 comments:

  1. The little ones grow up so fast..she is so cute! The cocoa at the end looks sooo delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadley is such a cutie and growing up so fast. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little cutie pie! I didn't know Dominos did that point thing...we may have to order from them more often. I don't know if you saw it, but I posted the picture of the "stained glass" afghan I bought at a rummage sale on my blog. You can see it at https://stacysfullcup.blogspot.com/2019/01/thankful-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I popped over to see your afghan. It is gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. I thought you might like seeing it since you are working at making yours look like stained glass.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, Hadley is so adorable and getting so big! The little ones grow so fast. Can't wait to see your blanket, you have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weather report checked just now after reading that you are expecting snow...yup, so am I. That is the cutest picture of Hadley at the piano. Hope that Joe is feeling better and that you are as well. A good weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hadley is just precious! That snow photograph is beautiful. I know you are tired of snow, but I would love it! Stay warm. Enjoy your needle work, it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a good weekend! Hadley is precious! So nice to have photos of her....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hadley is so cute! Sorry to hear about your husband Joe and his seizures. Hope your all doing fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, I am so ready for nasty weather to be gone. Hug Joe for us. He is a good person, as are you, hate to think of either of you being ill. Baby girl is growing up. So cute. Stay warm and safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, all of our snow from last weekend is nearly gone, except for the piles in parking lots. We had a day of 50 degree weather followed by rain the next day. Glad Joe was feeling better and you were right to stay home and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy- I love Dominoes-lol. We have not only snow here but bone chilling cold. It was 20 something BELOW zero here this morning not counting wind chill. It is miserable and we have more snow coming tomorrow night and into Monday.
    I am sorry that Joe still experiences seizures. My friend has epilepsy, too, but it is pretty well under control. Sometimes she just 'glazes over' for a bit but most of the time she is perfectly okay.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking about you and Joe... hope all is well.
    You always have a full calendar and when you get a "hiccup", you just plug along!
    We all can learn from you!
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.