Saturday, December 29, 2018

THE DAY AFTER AND THE DAY AFTER THAT


Hello, friends!  Happy birthday to me!  Yes, today I join the ranks of the senior citizens.  I've been told that this is a good thing because I will get lots of discounts at the stores.  It is early morning and nothing has happened yet, so I will tell you about my birthday tomorrow.  Today I will continue by telling you about the last two days.

The day after Christmas Elaine and I woke up long before Joe.  So we had a sisters breakfast together and had fun talking with each other.  She had a great breakfast of muffins and fruit salad that was so delicious.

We sat around and visited and played with Ace for awhile.  Then after Joe ate we watched the Queen's Christmas message.  We do this every year.  Usually on Christmas Day but with Elaine working and everything we forgot.


Elaine also gave us a wonderful lunch of all kinds of lunchmeat, cheeses and cookies.  We were so full when we left.




Before I left I took pictures of some of Elaine's decorations.  She always makes everything look so festive.











We left about 2:30 p.m. and although there was more traffic than on Christmas, we made it home in two hours.  What a wonderful Christmas we had!

The next day Joe and I traveled out to the Plymouth Meeting/Bridgeport area to meet his sister Mary for breakfast.  She lives in upstate New York and it has been years since we saw her.  We met at a café my brother recommended.  He lives around there so I knew he would know where to go.

We got a little lost getting there and so did Mary, but we still got there about the same time.  Look at the cute chicken they have in front of the place.



We had a great breakfast and talked for about two hours.  I found out so much about the family I married into.  The little things Joe does, his likes and dislikes, etc. were the same for Mary.  It was like looking at his clone.  They walk alike, stand alike, talk alike even eat alike.  They like and dislike the same foods.  Oh my!  I kept teasing them about it.

The time went by so quickly.  She had a six hour trip home to do so we finally had to leave.  Mary is hoping to move down here in the next year or two and we will definitely hang out together more.  She is the nicest sister-in-law you could imagine.

I did get a picture (or two) of them together before she left.



The rest of the day was spent trying to clean up the house.  There is so much stuff laying around and gifts to be put away.  I am still working on it.

That brings us up to yesterday.  I slept so late!  I didn't wake up until 11:30 a.m.  I must have needed the sleep.  But I was meeting my friends Carol and Donna for lunch so I hit the floor running.  I jumped into the shower and got dressed in record time.  I left a little late, but got to Donna's house to pick her up just 10 minutes late.  We still got to the restaurant before Carol did so that was fine.

We went to East Coast Wings and Grill.  I had the wings special, Donna her favorite shrimp tacos and Carol a burger.  We also exchanged Christmas gifts.  Such nice things they gave me.  I got two candles and two bars of scented soap along with candy and Donna gave me a unique thing called instant hot chocolate.  They are sticks with chocolate and marshmallows on the end.  You put them in hot water and it turns into hot chocolate.  Can't wait to try it.

I am getting ready now to start my birthday!  I will tell you all about it tomorrow and take some pictures too.  Hope you all have a happy Kathy's birthday today.  Ha ha!

Until later...

Kathy




13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet friend! I hope you have LOTS of FUN today! Hope the weather's good and you can do all the things you want to do! Sending you birthday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! So glad you got to spend time with Joe's sister. Sounds like it turned out good for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are simply having a wonderful Christmastime🎶 Happy Birthday🎈

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that will be if Mary moves near you. Happy birthday. I had to smile when you said you are now a senior citizen because I'm not sure what age that is. I do know I am a senior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the world of "senior citizen." What a wonderful visit with your sister in law. What a great photo of her and Joe. It really will be nice if she moves closer to you. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B day. Hope you had a lovely time with friends. We forgot to watch the Queen's speech this year but luckily its not really a yearly tradition in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy birthday!! Looking forward to reading all about it!! Your celebrations with family sound fun and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful time you are having! The photo of you by Elaine's tree is so pretty.Her decorations are something;was that Ace I saw with the Santa statue? :)
    And Ace showing off a new toy! Great that both of you had sister time. Sounds like a lot of fun. HAPPY 65th BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy celebrating you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening! !
    It is 9:30 PM on 30th Japan time now.
    It is the custom of Japan's year end.
    In the year end, we say “Yoi otoshi wo” to each other wishing for the coming
    year to be pleasurable.
    The New Year season is the most significant season for the Japanese.
    All the Christmas décor is switched to the New Year’s in a blink.
    Major New Year icons are the pine tree, bamboo, plums and so on. All of them are symbols of good fortune and longevity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Kathy. Wishing you and Joe,a great New Year filled with love and good health. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. From on Senior to another, Happy Birthday Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun Christmas Kathy lots of good food and friendship....
    Wishing you both a Happy and Healthy New Year, may it be filled with Blessings galore.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous decorations, she's sure talented. I am not creative at all, my house is such a mess. Your table is so nicely decorated too. I wish you and your family a wonderful New Year Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.