Thursday, December 20, 2018

BLOGMAS DAY 18 -- A TRIP TO LANCASTER COUNTY


Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful day as Christmas quickly flies our way.

Joe had a very early doctor's appointment today.  8:00 a.m. comes very early when you need to leave by 7:00 a.m. to get there.  When he got out we talked about going somewhere to have breakfast.  I teasingly said, "We're on the right highway.  Why not go out to Lancaster."  He said OK.  I was surprised, but why not?  So away we went.  We hit a lot of rush hour traffic but really made good time.

As we were going along we were listening to Christmas music on the radio and just talking.  It was great -- so relaxing.  We both found ourselves smiling a lot.

Joe took some pictures for me.  It would have been hard for me when I was driving.






We got out there and couldn't decide where to eat.  But my friend Marianne had just been out there yesterday and ate at Dienner's so when we saw it, we decided to go there.  We both got the breakfast buffet.  It was good.



I loved this sign above our table.



After we ate we went to Rockvale Mall.  My sister had asked me to pick something up for her so we went to Reading China and Glass and got it.  We also picked up a couple of things for us -- some jar openers (we are always looking for ours and these looked so good), some candied ginger for me (my favorite candy) and a stocking stuffer.

Then we headed for the book store.  Joe was looking for a Bible commentary, but they didn't have any.  We did buy a $1 book to donate to Toys for Tots and I got three new books.  Sorry these pictures are so dark.

"The Essential Amish Cookbook" -- can't wait to try some of these recipes.




"The Amish Christmas Kitchen" -- three short stories.  It looks like a quick read.  Just the kind of book you need during the busy Christmas season.



And "The Greatest Gift" -- the book that the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" was based on.  It's only 53 pages and I can't wait to read it!



I will try to get better pictures of them to show you.  There isn't much light here right now.

It started to rain out there and I didn't want to drive in a storm so we started home around 11:30 a.m.  We hit a bit of traffic but the rain stopped and we got home just before 2:00 p.m.  I'm glad we went and I'm glad we got home early.  It's Bible Study tonight and we still have the afternoon to get dinner and get ready to go.

Hope you had a good day too.  Remember when I said the other day I was finished decorating?  Never say never.  I found another box of decorations.  I'll be showing you more tomorrow.

Kathy







10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good morning and now hoping your evening will be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Day Trips because you never know what will happen. Sounds like you and Joe had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn’t it great to have the freedom to go and do?! I also like day trips at Christmastime for the decorations along the way and the radio playing Christmas songs, and the fun conversation. Going to do all those things tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip and Joe's breakfast looks delicious! It is wet and rainy here too. Better than snow but I am ready for sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dienners' is one of my all time favorites... LOVE it. Haven't been there in awhile. I'm heading to Shady Maple... Christmas Eve morning... and also, this Saturday - too - with my mom and a couple of my sisters. :) I wonder if one of these days we'll bump into each other - out there.. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, Lancaster is where my husband wants to take me this summer . He has been there on business and tells me how beautiful that part of the country is. Your trip sounds fun and Im glad you got to get out. Who knows I might make it out there one day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spur-of -the-moment trips are so much fun! No specific plans,just a go with the flow. Joe's breakfast looks so yummy (is that creamed chip beef?).So glad you both enjoyed the day. I totally love the house at the top of your blog! Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! One of these times we’ll get together again. It’s so unusual for me to do anything spontaneous and I admire you two for going ahead and doing it! My daughter Kim and get hubby like to eat at Dienner’s for breakfast. I’ll get to the outlets after Christmas. I do love shopping there.
    Hope your Friday is off to a good start. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you and Joe had an awesome day out! That breakfast looks yummy! I love day trips. As soon as the holiday rush is over, my daughter Deanne and I are taking a whole day just to do things together. I can't wait! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice that you live close to Lancaster! Nice place to shop too. I shopped at outlet mall yersterday after noon. Finally found something for my younger brother that would fit him. Hard to find sweatshirts without a hood...he doesn't like hoodies! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.