Friday, December 28, 2018

CHRISTMAS


Hello, friends!  I'm sitting here in bed listening to the rain POURING outside and feeling so happy that this was not what I had to drive in on Christmas Day.  We had a wonderful day.  And a good day after that and another good day after that.  I know I am way behind on catching you up but the days are so busy!

On Christmas Day morning Joe and I took our time getting up.  You can tell we aren't kids anymore.  Joe was surprised by the things I got him:  a soft throw blanket, pj pants he wanted, a Kate Spade coffee mug from Lenox, a few little things from Target and a pair of stereo earphones he has been wanting.  Joe gave me a huge bag of peppermints (my favorite), a very pretty outfit of a blue and black plaid top and black leggings, and a beautiful jewelry set (ring, necklace and earrings) of flowers made with mother of pearl.  I have to get a shot of them to show you just how pretty they are.

After breakfast we packed up and headed out to my sister's house.  We left around 2:00 p.m. so I could drive the whole way in the light.  I hate making that drive after dark.  Elaine had to work that day so we got up there about 4:00 p.m.  Her home is always so pretty.


Elaine's tree was so gorgeous.


Our friend Frank came over too and we all had a wonderful dinner of roast beef, potatoes, and mixed veggies.


Can you tell she collects nutcrackers?



Of course before we ate we pulled our Christmas crackers.


For some reason we all got red crowns.


My prize was a shoe horn.  Joe got a tape measure.  Frank got a corkscrew.  I forget what Elaine got.  And of course a lame joke.


For dessert Elaine had gotten me a birthday cake.  And because it is a special birthday (65) she got me a special birthday candle.  I've never seen anything like it.  It was spectacular.








It was a delicious vanilla cake.

After dinner we opened our gifts.  There was so much more.  We are really spoiled.



Fruitcake for Joe.  He is happy!




As always we watched the movie "The Christmas Story."  I think it was on three times before we changed to something else.


Of course the star of the day was little Ace.



A little blurry picture of Ace, but it's hard to get a good picture of him because he's always moving.

After awhile Frank left and we all decided to go to bed.  Joe and I were sleeping over that night so I didn't have to drive home in the dark.  Elaine had the next day off from work so it worked out fine.  I was going to tell you about that but this is getting really long so I will continue tomorrow.

I hope you all had a really nice Christmas.  I haven't had time to read your blogs but I will do some blog reading today and catch up.

Enjoy your day!  Until later....

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. I love all your Christmas photos. Your sister's home is just beautiful. BTW, Happy Birthday!!! That candle on your birthday cake is quite spectacular. Wow! The little doggie is gorgeous. This is how Christmas should be celebrated, with family and friends. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That birthday candle looked insane! It's so cool that its your birthday on Christmas Day. Hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly do not look as if you could possibly be 65! I’ll join you in a few months.

    So glad that you had a Merry Christmas and that you stayed over at your sister’s. Better than being at an inn. Looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That candle. It’s awesome!! Happy 65th....my hubby had his 65th yesterday and I’ll join you in March :)
    Your Christmas sounds wonderful. Can’t wait to see the jewelry. I’m sure it’s gorgeous. Love the picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like your Christmas was just great!! Looking forward to hearing more about it tomorrow!! So glad you could be with family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a fun time with family! Happy Birthday! Nice candle too! I'm working on calendars that aren't done yet....sigh! That's what I'm working on this weekend! Have a Happy New Year and hope you have a better, healthier year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family,food & fun! That candle is one special gift! Great photo of you & Joe. I love Elaine's decorations. And Ace! He's a show stopper.Glad you could spend the night. Happy 65 th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great Christmas and birthday, all wrapped in one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday to you, Kathy, and how nice that you have two special celebrations with family and friends which really is a great way to mark the occasions. Your gifts sounded lovely as well and that was an unusual birthday candle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.