Saturday, December 1, 2018

BLOGMAS DAY ONE -- CLOSING OUT NOVEMBER


Welcome to Blogmas 2018.  This is the month that I challenge myself to post every day and share the Christmas season with you.  Glad to see you on day one!  I'm going to begin with my usual closing out of the month before.  But I already have several posts in mind of fun things I want to show you.  So let's begin.

November was a very busy month for me.  Too busy.  I don't want to go through another month like that for a long time.  Let's see if I can recap what went on.

The trees finally changed into beautiful colors.  Unfortunately around here the colors don't last too long and now most of the trees are brown or bare.

We celebrated Homecoming Sunday at church.  It was so much fun.  So many people I haven't seen in a long time showed up.  And the food was wonderful.  It was a lot of work to do it, but so worth everything we did.



I got another brain MRI and still have not gotten the results.  The doctors did, though, and I'm sure if something were wrong I would have heard about it by now.

Carol, Donna and I went to the retirement community where my Aunt Alice lives and had a good time at their Holiday Bazaar.  Even if we don't buy anything, it's still a nice day.

Because of Pastor Ralph's surgery, Joe has been speaking at the nursing home we visit each Monday.  He does a nice job and everyone likes him there.

To end out the 2018 season of the Ladies Bible Study we had a tea.  We even let our Pastor and our Ministry Assistant come.  Everyone loved it and I think it's going to be a regular fixture for us each year.

Jack had his yearly visit to the vet and checked out great except for his weight.  He is now on weight loss food which he likes a lot and seems to be doing the job for him.  If only it were that easy for me!

Joe got two free meals for Veterans Day.  One was on Sunday at East Coast Wings and the other on Monday at King George II Inn.




I started a new program of getting rid of (as in out of the house) 10 items a day.  So far I've done much more than 10 -- usually a bag of trash and a bag of recycling.  The house was looking better until I went away and brought back lots of Christmas gifts and other fun items.  But it will get better again.

We had our annual Pie and Praise at church the Sunday evening before Thanksgiving.  Always a wonderful time.

Thanksgiving was at my sister's house.  Everything was great -- company, food -- except that was the day I started getting sick.



The month ended with my fabulous trip to Lancaster the last three days.  What a wonderful way to end the month.






Blogmas is here!  And so is December. Hope you will follow along with me the entire month.




Kathy






8 comments:

  1. Oh happy blogness! I love when you post everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, wow you had a busy month!!... I would love to do blogmas but I know I'd never be able to post every day but I am going to enjoy following along with you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did indeed have a busy month and your December is starting beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really are one busy lady! I look forward to following you on your posts. Happy Blogmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For years, I blogged seven days a week. A couple years ago I cut back to six days a week. I enjoy it and I love coming by to read your blog posts. I think I'll try your "out with 10 items a day" project. It sounds like a great way to get the job done. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Nov was busy too. I am getting rid of things as well...did so this weekend. In the process, I'm still looking for a pack of stainless steel straws I won off a Young Living group on Facebook. Can't find it anywhere...but it's gotta be here somewhere! I need to get things done for decor and calendars. Behind I am. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.