Monday, December 10, 2018

BLOGMAS DAY 10 -- THE FAMILY DINNER


Hello, friends!  Can you believe it's only two weeks to Christmas Eve?  How is that even possible?

Yesterday my sister Elaine, my brother and sister-in-law Larry and Kim, my friend Marion and her husband Rich, Joe and I met up for a pre-Christmas dinner.  We went to the Suburban Diner.  It was a sort of in-between place to meet.  I used to go there a lot but then the food started getting bad.  The last time I was there it was really bad -- almost inedible -- so I wouldn't go back.  Well, apparently there is a new chef there and the food is wonderful.  Joe said it had improved 2000%.  That was a nice surprise!

Of course I took some pictures to show to you.

Larry and Kim.


Rich and Marion.


Elaine.


Joe and me.


The waitress, Michelle, was so nice.  It turns out she grew up just a few blocks from where Elaine, Marion and I grew up.  Small world.  And she was good enough to take a group shot for us.  Since she took one for Elaine and one for Marion, I didn't have the nerve to ask her to take one for me too.  So I borrowed this one from Marion.


It was a lot of fun getting together.

On the way home from the diner the low tire pressure light on the car went on.  I was a little concerned, but not overly so.  Last year when the weather got cold the light went on too.  So this morning I took it in to the garage and sure enough that was it.  They added air (each tire was down 6 to 7 lbs.) and not only is the car higher, but it runs like it has new tires.  Wonderful!  And they didn't even charge me.

Today Joe and I went to the Nursing Home.  He gave a great message on Joseph (the husband of Mary).  I led them in singing O Come All Ye Faithful and they did such a good job.  When I asked if they knew it they all nodded and said, "Oh yes!"

After the service we found this lady Sherri who had asked for a Bible.  She wasn't able to make it to the service today.  When Joe gave her the Bible she was so thrilled.  He got a giant large print version and she was so glad she could read it.

We hadn't eaten lunch so we were hungry.  We headed over to Shoprite and got some sushi and iced tea.  Just a little bit to hold us over until dinner.  I'm going to make it as soon as I'm finished with this blog entry.  We're having pork chops, sweet potatoes and green beans.

While we were eating I took a couple of pictures of the cute nutcrackers they had on the windowsill.



After dinner tonight I am going to decorate.  Yes, I am!  I want to show you what I get done tomorrow.  Every day it's some place to go and something to do.  I have no time!  But time is running out!

And so with that I am ending and getting something done around here.  Hope you all have a good evening.

Kathy






11 comments:

  1. It is always so nice to gather with friends and family, especially during the holidays! I'm glad one of your favorite places has a new chef and the food is enjoyable again! Looking forward to seeing your decorations tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun to have a dinner date with family. Also glad that the restaurant has had a comeback. It blessed me to read about the lady who wanted and received a Bible that she can read. What a blessing you and Joe were to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As "Christmas approached, the town became gorgeous".
    Christmas song flows, and a roadside tree is displayed with gorgeous neon.
    I am excited just to walk the town. "
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that the food was better. Looks like everyone had a great time.I
    was touched by the woman getting the Bible! Joe is a special guy. The large print can mean a lot. Both of you are special people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to enjoy friends and family and I look forward to seeing your decorations. How sweet of Joe giving the lady the Bible...God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, I missed one day and three posts! You certainly have been busy. Where do you get all your energy? I hope Joe's cold is getting much better. I love that photo of Jack sleeping in the sun. Now I have more wrapping to do. I want to mail a lot of boxes out tomorrow. You have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice dinner! And I'm glad the tires just needed extra air...that's a relief! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice, a pre Christmas dinner! Hope you are able to do some decorating. I purchased a few inexpensive new things today at Big Lots and Target. Now it’s time to say it’s enough :)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always nice to get together with family and catch-up and looks like you all had a great time. Also good to read that the only problem with the car was the air in the tires and bet it feels much lighter now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How good the restaurant's new chef is turning the restaurant around. Nice that the tire light turned out to be just low air pressure so that was an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.