Wednesday, November 7, 2018

WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON


This will be a short post because I have lots to do before I leave the house today.  But I wanted to get everyone caught up on what's going on this week.

Of course if you've read the last post you know what I was doing Sunday.  What an awesome day it was seeing all my friends that I haven't seen in forever and celebrating our congregation.

Monday morning, though, I was on my way in the pouring rain to have my brain MRI.  I was OK with getting it and really wanted it done to see if the spot on my brain had changed.  But...  it was awful.  The 25 minute test turned into over an hour.  I had to keep getting pulled out of the tube because my neck was hurting so badly.  And when I finally got that fixed in a position that I wasn't hurting too much, then my back went out.  I had pain in my legs and back for the whole time I was laying there.  The dye they used for the contrast made me sick.  I thought it would go away but even at dinner I couldn't eat anything without feeling absolutely awful.  Fortunately the effects wore off by Tuesday morning after a good night's sleep.

Tuesday we had the last Ladies Bible Study for the season.  We finished up the book of Esther.  Dorothea brought some snickerdoodles that she had baked and they were very good!  Next week we are ending the year with a Tea.  What fun!

Joe bought me lunch at the local deli.  I had a flounder sandwich that was wonderful.  Since I am trying to stay away from carbs, I didn't eat the roll but the inside was great.  I was so full from lunch that I didn't eat dinner.  I just went to sleep about 8:00 p.m. and slept right through the night.

After we ate we went to vote and then headed over to church for Joe to look at the heater.  There is a valve that needs replacing that he thought he could do himself, but he can't.  A friend of his who is a plumber is going to go with him on Thursday to get that fixed.

Today I am off to visit my aunt.  Her retirement community is having their annual Holiday Bazaar which my friends Carol, Donna and I try to get to each year.  It's always fun.  Then this afternoon I am going to help with the new tutoring program at church.

Thursday afternoon I am taking Jack to the vet to get his shots.  It is a long drive, but worth it for this vet.  He is in his 80s and still practicing part time.  I have been taking my animals to him for over 30 years and dread the day he permanently retires.

Friday Joe and I are going to a funeral for the father of a friend of his.

Saturday is another Christmas Bazaar that I want to check out.  But this is in the neighborhood so it won't be a 30 minute drive to get to it like today's.

And of course Sunday is church.  It is also Veteran's Day and we are headed to East Coast Wings for a free lunch for Joe.

Monday Joe speaks at the Nursing Home again.  He is doing a series on Thanksgiving.  The people are really getting into it.  Although they all ask when Pastor Ralph is coming back, they like Joe too.  When we are finished, we are going to King George Inn where Joe will get another free meal for being a veteran.

And then, of course, Tuesday is our Ladies Tea.

So you will all understand if I miss posting some days or don't comment on your blogs.  I do hope to get lots of pictures and show you what's going on.  Stay tuned.

Have a good day!

Kathy






6 comments:

  1. You certainly have a lot going on! Please keep us posted as to the results of the MRI....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, you are living a whirlwind!! I'm always coming and going too....mostly involves grandkids activity or Ellen's. Hope you will stay healthy and fully enjoy the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your MRI did not go so well, but at least it is over. Goodness, I don't know how you do it all. Stay well through all these activities, and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad that that MRI is behind you and that every day finds you feeling better. I have been doing a reduced carb program since The first week of September and feel much better for it with less inflammation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! The lines are so long at any of the restaurants here, offering a free lunch to Vets that we have given up taking advantage of it. It's a wonderful thing for them to do though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scarecrow! Sorry to hear about the MRI.You are so busy! Take a moment to breathe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.