Tuesday, November 20, 2018

PIE AND PRAISE



Hope you are all having a wonderful day.  It is early morning here and I have tons to do.  One thing is to take Joe to the clinic at the V.A. Hospital because he is still sick and throwing up.  Yuck.  It is not fun for either of us.  Just a few days until Thanksgiving so he has to get well.

On Sunday Pastor actually showed up for church.  He is doing so well for it being only 3 weeks since major surgery.  He acted as worship leader and Joe gave the message.  I had to leave to take the kids to Sunday School.  I tried to tape it but for some reason got only 1 1/2 minutes before the camera turned itself off.  *sigh*  I don't know why it did that.  I was told he did a good job.  In fact the only shot I got Sunday morning was this blurry picture of Pastor and Joe before the service.


Joe was OK on Sunday and we went to our Pie and Praise Thanksgiving service in the evening.  First we ate pie.  Lots of pie.  Well, I'm still watching my carbs and had one small piece.




Then we sang a couple of songs and had a Thanksgiving meditation.  Pastor said so many people give thanks on Thanksgiving but how many actually know who they are giving thanks to?  If you are saying thank you, you have to be saying it to somebody.

I am thankful to God for all He has given me.  And I am thankful to God for you, my followers and readers.  I am totally amazed that you would take time out of your day to read my ramblings.  Thank you, each and every one.

It's going to be a very cold Thanksgiving for us.  The coldest in 117 years.


And then after Thanksgiving comes Christmas.  It's not that far off.


Kathy



10 comments:

  1. That sounds so nice and I'm glad Joe is better. Hope you have a wonderful week! SO COLD...WOW! You'll want to cook everything in the oven to warm the kitchen! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pie and Praise sounds like a good idea. We had our Thanksgiving Fellowship last week and hubby gave a message about the benefits of being Thankful. I'm sure Joe delivered a good message too. I hope he gets over this sickness soon. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie looks really good, I’m glad Joe felt better to go, I’m thankful for you Kathy, I enjoy my visits here so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the doctors find what is making Joe so sick and get him healed for Thanksgiving. I, too, am very thankful for all my blog followers and readers. It's so wonderful to be able to correspond with so many wonderful folks from all over.

    I'm also very thankful to God for all that I have and have had. For all its ups and downs, it has been a good life. I hope your day is simply awesome my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear that Joe is feeling ill. That's no fun at all, and especially worse around the holidays. I pray he will feel better real soon.

    Your events at church sound so nice. It's wonderful to have such good friends to fellowship with.

    God's Blessings to you and yours this Thanksgiving! Take care, Net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Joe! Love and prayers that he gets better soon! 29 is really cold! Hug each other and stay warm! Oops! Maybe you best not! You don’t want to catch what Joe has!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear! I am so sorry that Joe is still not feeling well. Did he get a bad piece of pie? Praying that the doc will know just what to do to help. Take care out there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure hope the doctor can figure out what has been making Joe so sick!! Do keep us posted!! You take care, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the scarecrow! Sorry to hear about the camera. Joe's sermon was a very good one. Hope the doctor can help him feel better.Russ & I had planned to go out to eat however with the low temps expected,I'll probably be happy to run the oven & cook! lol Have a happy & safe Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Joe gets all over his crud within his body. Goodness! It is chilly here . mid 40s and rained some today. I'm cold so sitting under a blanket for a bit .Need to get things tonight as we're having family here for dinner. Hugs and take care...happy thanksgiving !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.