Wednesday, November 28, 2018

MINI VACATION DAY 0NE


Joe and I are spending a couple of days in Lancaster County and could we ever use some of these!  It is COLD!!!!  Below freezing cold.  And the wind is not making things any better.  It is so strong that the curtains in the hotel room are moving ever so slightly and it sounds as if we are in a wind tunnel.  I brought warm clothing but am wondering if it is warm enough.

I spent the morning cleaning the house.  Well... part of the house.  Well... straightening up.  I got two trash bags of recycling and one of trash out so I guess I did something.  Joe did so much laundry and we are all caught up except for a few items.

My stomach is still bothering me although it gets better each day.  Web MD said a stomach virus lasts about a week to ten days and tomorrow it will be a week.  I don't know where I got it from, but I wish it would go away.  I am fine if I don't eat, but then I get so hungry.  So I eat and then the rumbling, pain and nausea starts.  Not fun.

Around 2:00 p.m. we headed out to Lancaster.  It was very crowded on the expressway but besides that one part we made good time and checked into the hotel around 4:00 p.m.  At least I did the entire drive in the daylight.

I made a little video to show you the room.





I also took some photos of the bathroom.  Look at the nice setup they have.  A tray with little items on it.



Shampoo and conditioner.


Body wash and body lotion


And something I have never seen here before, a makeup remover wipe.

They have the coffee set up in the bathroom too.


I ended up laying down on the bed and falling asleep for about half an hour.  I got up in time, though, for Joe and I to go to Prayer Meeting at Paradise Bible Fellowship Church.  When we walked in my friend Sharon and her husband were there, so that was really nice.  We knew it was their home church, but we didn't know if they would be there or not.  The meeting was great!  And afterwards Sharon took us through the church and showed us around.  It's beautiful!  And much larger than the church Joe and I attend.

By this time it was after 8:00 p.m. and we needed to get dinner.  Joe was hungry but me not so much.  We drove around but most places were closed or about to close.  Finally I said we should go to Rockvale Diner and sure enough they were open until 11:00 p.m.  We both got hot tea to warm up and burgers.  I had a regular burger with chips.



Joe, on the other hand, got something called a Monster Burger.  Two huge patties and all the fixings.  And he ate it all!



The counter where we checked out had a beautiful nativity on display.  People were taking pictures of it and I did too.



It was even colder when we came out of the diner.  I was glad we had parked close to the door.  We drove back to the hotel and have been relaxing ever since.  Tomorrow we go to see the show "Jesus" at Sight and Sound Theater.  I can hardly wait.  I hope it's warmer.

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your stomach. However,this looks like a good place to relax.As a caffeine-dependent person,they had me at coffee.I like Pantene & the tray set-up looks pretty.It was great that you met people you knew.The burger looks delicious & I see why Joe's is called Monster'! Hope you both have a restful time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old blog, Becausehelives, has been deleted and I have a new one, Ramblings of a Retired Lady, and am hoping you will follow me there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you feel better for the rest of the time you are there! The burgers look yummy! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A number of my blogging friends work at Sight and Sound Theater. Hope that the show is fabulous. I am sure that it will be.

    Have a wonderful time on your vacation in Lancaster County. Hope that your tummy can handle at least a sliver of Shoo-fly pie. Joe’s expression is so cute looking at his burger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time Kathy...and get well soon
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your vacation! The nativity is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping you have a lovely trip Kathy, the hotel favors are impressive, and Joe looks like he's enjoying that huge burger :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good start to your little get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a cold and windy day....I was out in it too! Off to read about day 2.....catching up on my reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.