Tuesday, November 6, 2018

HOMECOMING SUNDAY


Isn't this a beautiful doorway?  Oh to have a house like that.  But then again, I am happy with what I have -- a cute little place.

Sunday was our Homecoming Sunday at church.  We are celebrating our 96th year of existence.  What a good time we had.  We were so sad that our pastor could not be there because he had just had surgery a few days before.  Our former pastor, Pastor Wayne, took over for Pastor Ralph and did a wonderful job.  It was so good to see him back in our pulpit.

I taped the entire service and took lots of pictures.  I thought I would share some of the photos with you.

A table was set up with photos and albums from the past.  There were even photos of Joe and me.



Lots of people we haven't seen in ages were there.  A mailing went out to all our former members and they responded.



This is Pastor Sloan and his wife.  He is a surrogate elder for us.



The people kept coming and coming.  We saw a couple that had been in our wedding.  We haven't seen them in years!



Of course our regular attenders were there also.  Here's Debbie and Rose.  We see them every week.



Carolyn had a week off and her mother played the piano for us.



This is our Ministry Associate, Rick, and of course Elder Joe.


I love this picture of the three girls with their heads together over something.



Pastor Wayne in the pulpit!



Special music by Pastor Phillip and his wife Rosie.



Joe had words of welcome and read the scripture.






Pastor Phillip brought the message to us.



And then there was lunch.










It was so much fun and everyone had a good time.  I was going to cook so much to bring, but was in so much pain I took some medicine and went right out.  Joe ended up making two pumpkin dump cakes, a green salad and green beans and corn.  What a wonderful guy!  I'm so fortunate to have married a Marine cook.  I tease him about it, but he really does do a good job and I was so very thankful to him for stepping up to help when I couldn't.

It is busy this week.  There is something going on every day.  If you don't get a comment from me on your blog, it isn't because I didn't read it.  I've been keeping up with reading, but I'm so tired I haven't been commenting.  But you are all in my thoughts and prayers and I care about what is going on with you.

And now I am going to go get some sleep.  I am exhausted.  And it's only Tuesday!

Kathy









5 comments:

  1. Kathy, So glad your church had such a wonderful gathering. It is good to see old friends. Nice to share a wonderful lunch with everyone. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful homecoming!! Great photos! Hopefully life will settle down for you now and you can get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun homecomings are! You take care of yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a truly uplifting service. Great seeing so many people and a good time was had by all! Take a breath & get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos. I do hope things begin to settle down soon for you. I couldn't keep up with you. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.