Tuesday, November 27, 2018

A BUSY DAY


I've had a very busy day today.  I tried to sleep in, but just couldn't.  So I started getting things together because I had a day out with my friend, Donna.  I really needed it because I have been very stressed out lately.

I picked Donna up at her house and we headed to Target.  There was a table runner I wanted to get for Christmas.  But there was only one left and it had been opened and was dirty.  So I didn't get it.  But I did get a couple of pair of Christmas socks and some Christmas gifts.  I didn't take any pictures today but I will show you my haul (what I can of it since some of the gifts are for people who read this blog) in the next few days.  Probably for one of my Blogmas posts.

Then we headed over to East Coast Wings for lunch.  Our favorite server, Bobbie, waited on us today.  He is so pleasant and accommodating.  We love getting him.  He always welcomes us back with a big smile.  Donna had her regular shrimp tacos and fries and I had my usual chicken wings and a salad.  I chose Honey Mustard sauce today and it was very good!

I have been having lots of problems with my stomach.  I'm pretty sure I've picked up a stomach virus somewhere.  I started feeling bad on Thanksgiving and it has hung on and on.  It was finally better (but not gone) today but I am still being careful what I eat.  So I did not go overboard on anything.

After we ate, we headed over to Ross.  I always look for gifts there because the prices are so good.  I found some mugs that I am thinking would be good gifts for my neighbors.  That along with a plate of cookies will probably be their gift.  There were also a few other small things.

Then we headed home.  I dropped Donna off and then went home myself.  Joe had to go to Lowes and then over to church to fix something, so that's where we went next.

When I got home, I fell asleep for about an hour and then got up and made dinner.  Just left over pork and mixed vegetables tonight.  But it was good.

Now I have to get to work cleaning up the downstairs.  Joe and I are going away tomorrow for a couple of days.  We both need time off and are taking a mini vacation.  Our friend Carole is coming over to watch the house and take care of Jack.  I have to pick up so she can get around easily.

I am going to end for now and get busy.  Hope you all have a good night.

Kathy




13 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady! Glad you (and Joe) are getting away.Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip!
    My daughter and one granddaughter spent a week in Philly this year and love it! I enjoyed my trips there also! Love your blog-a favorite-feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your family enjoyed Philadelphia. I love it and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Thank you for your kind words about my blog. It is so sweet of you. I hope you enjoy my blogmas coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh time away! Perfect. Praying for good health and happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, dear Kathy! It sounds like you had a fun-filled day with Donna :) On Saturday my mom and I did quite a bit of shopping and in the morning we enjoyed our time at a craft show.

    I hope you are feeling much better this morning...so sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. Have a blessed day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful vacation! I hope you feel better and enjoy some special time with your sweet hubby! Have fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a little vacation with hubby sounds wonderful. Here's hoping your tummy problems are all better soon. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~~~~~~** ENJOY YOUR TIME AWAY **~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, that was a busy day!! hopefully you didn't get food poisoning at the restaurant. Mini vacation nice how i wish... have fun you are blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were busy! I had hoped to get to Target today but it didn't happen. Glad you are getting away.....I think to my area. Would love to meet up again sometime! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great couple of days off with your sweetie! Hope your tummy feels better so you can enjoy your get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy Have you ever tried Nauzene chewables for your tummy? My husband was on several medications but the Dr said this wouldn’t interfere with them and it provides relief in 10-15 min

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.