Friday, October 19, 2018

THE TEMPERATURE BLANKET AND OTHER THINGS


It is getting cold here.  Our weather forecasters tell us that it is getting down to 30*F and on Monday down to 20*F.  It's a good time to be working on my blanket.

And here it is.  I'm up to date on it.


You can see it was hot in August with all the 80*F pinks and 90*F reds.  A couple of 70*F yellows snuck in there too.


September had one streak of 90*F weather at the beginning.  A rather long streak of about a week.  And then it was mostly 80*F pink and 70*F yellow with a few days of 60*F light green.


Now it's October.  The weather has turned much colder.  Oh how I miss the warm weather.  There is even some 50*F dark green rows now.


Here's a shot of September and October.  You can see how the temperatures went from 90* to 50*.


A few days ago Joe got a package in the mail.  He said it was for me.  When I opened it, it was a t-shirt that I had been looking at but never expected to get.


What a nice surprise!  I'm going to wear it on the first night of the Hallmark Christmas movies.  Joe knows me so well.

Yesterday Joe had an Elders meeting at church.  I went over to pick him up when they were finished.  When we got home, I had my hands full and was trying to unlock the front door.  The door opened and then swung back and hit my right hand.  It hurt terribly.  Almost immediately it swelled up and turned black and blue.



I put ice on it right away and the picture you see at the top is after some of the swelling went down.  The bottom picture is from today and you can see it is better.  I can type, I was sewing at Crafters today, and I can do just about anything so it is not broken.  The things I have difficulty with is turning doorknobs, jar lids and cutting things like vegetables when I have to use pressure.  I guess it will take a few days for things to get back to normal.  What is bad is that my left hand is pretty crippled with arthritis so I'm left with not much dexterity right now.  Joe is helping out with a lot of things.

And it's already the end of another week.  How did this happen?  We were saying that at church today.  Time just seems to be flying by.

Just Dorothea and I at Crafters today.  Rick, our Ministry Associate, was cutting the grass.  He and Joe came inside to sit down for a few minutes.  Rick offered us a piece of pumpkin bread that he had bought from the local bakery.  It was wonderful!  This is the bakery where I bought Joe's birthday cake and everything there is very good.  When I get paid I am going to go and buy a loaf of the bread for us.

Since I am having trouble with my hands we called out for pizza and chicken wings from Dominos for dinner.  We don't do this very often so it is a real treat for us.  It should be here very soon so I am going to get off of here and set the table.  I hope you all have a wonderful night.

Kathy




13 comments:

  1. Kathy, How awful about your hand. I hope it gets better soon. Your blanket is going to be so big. lots of colors. I loved that beautiful autumn picture. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blanket; you are so smart in making it. Sure hope your hand gets better soon....I know that must have hurt terribly. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry about your hand. Such a fluke thing to happen! Dominos does not deliver in my town, but does in my daughter’s. She loves it! Apparently, they have more than pizza. You have been sharing such beautiful autumn photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your hand, Kathy. That looks like it hurts like the devil. We are finally close enough to town where we can get delivery when we want it (if we want it). Domino's sure sounds good!!!! Love your photos today....your quilt is amazing!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you hurt your hand! Take care and keep resting it. Your temperature blanket is amazing! Glad you were able to order pizza and wings for dinner. Always a treat here too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your blanket! Such a neat idea. It certainly has gotten colder....Sunday sounds like it will be very cold and windy.....good blanket, coffee and book afternoon :)
    So sorry about your hand. Hope it gets better quickly. Ordering out is a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that you hurt your hand with the door! Sometimes bringing in too much at once doesn't work well. Praying your hand gets better soon. Fun shirt surprise! Nice of Joe to get it for you. We had a bit of fog this a.m. and day was cooler but sunny. So pretty. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket is beautiful in the rainbow of colors. I hope your hand is healed soon. Beautiful fall leaves photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your hand! It looks so painful. Hope it feels better soon.The blanket is so pretty. The t shirt is such a thoughtful gift! Joe really knows what you like.I'd never heard of the shirt so I guess it's unique...just like you!
    Have a pawsitive day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kathy! This is definitely the most perfect time to work on your blanket! Brrrrr!!! Our temps have been dropping too!

    Of course, I love your Hallmark Christmas tee! That was so sweet of Joe. My sister gave me a similar one for Christmas and I love it! Enjoy yours and ALL the Christmas movies coming! :)

    Hope your hand is filling much better! Take care my friend! Hugs & Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun tee shirt! Your blanket is looking super. I just may have to try one some day. How long is it when it is done? I hope your hand heals quickly. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making it to fit the top of a full sized bed. It hangs over the bottom about 8 inches.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for showing the progress on the temperature blanket, Kathy, and for the explanations too. Sorry about your bruised hand (ouch) on that doir slam, but treating yourself for dinner was perfectly acceptable and justified. I only watch the Hallmark holiday films on youtube as we do not subscribe to any cable services. Yiur new t-shirt is nice😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.