Sunday, October 21, 2018

SUNDAY PRAISE -- IMMORTAL INVISIBLE GOD ONLY WISE

Good morning, everyone!  I hope you are all having a blessed Sunday.  This morning we are singing the great hymn "Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise" as our opening hymn.  It is one of my favorites.  I looked up a little information on it for you.  It was hard because there is very little on the internet about it.

It was written by Walter C. Smith in 1867.  He based it on I Timothy 1:7 -- "Now to the king eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God be glory and honor for ever  and ever."  It is a strong text of praise to God who created and sustains the lives of all His creatures.

The tune is St. Denio a traditional Welsh ballad popular in the early 19th century.  It was first published as a hymn tune in 1839.

And here is the hymn for you:



Have a wonderful Sunday!

Kathy






8 comments:

  1. I like that song too! Have a blessed day at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty hymn. Thank you for sharing the video. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW- I have never even heard of this old hymn. I thought I knew most of the old ones. Lovely old song! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been a long time since I've sung that one....thanks for posting! Have a wonderful day, stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stories of hymns...though I have heard this before, it is not a common hymn. Very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful hymn. Thank you for sharing it. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting the beautiful hymn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.