Monday, October 15, 2018

PICTURES FOUND ON MY BLUE CAMERA -- MEMORIAL DAY 2018


I am in love with this picture.  I would like to be on that train in the beautiful autumn colors traveling somewhere to new adventures.  But that's for another time.  

I thought I would show you pictures from last Memorial Day which is the last thing that I took before I lost my blue camera.  I know it is fall (and cold) so let's look back to warmer times, shall we?

The picnic at my sister Elaine's house is always the beginning of a wonderful summer.  Here are Walt and Carole, friends of ours from church that we call "Ma" and "Pa".  Pa is talking to Elaine's dog Ace.  You can see Ace has a ball in his mouth.  He LOVES his ball.


My brother, Larry, with his dog, Schnitzel.  He and his wife, Kim, were heading for their place at Cape May Courthouse after the cookout so brought their dog with them.


Schnitzel is a cutie.


Here's Joe, Kim and Elaine!


The crowd around the two tables she had set out.  All the food was so good.


Joe, Kim and Larry.


Walt, Carole, Elaine's friend Frank, Elaine and our friend, Marion.


Another cute picture of Schnitzel.  It's very hard to get a picture of him, so when we can, we do.


Elaine and Marion.


Marion, her husband, Rich, and Joe.


I absolutely loved Elaine's red, white and blue wreath.  So pretty!



We celebrated the birthdays of Marion, Joe and Frank.  All of their birthdays are within days of each other.  Elaine got this really pretty cake.


Marion presenting the cake after the candles were blown out.


Joe and Pa Walt.


And who is this man?



Me and my honey.


Before we left, the girls got together to get their picture taken.


It was fun to look back on these "lost" pictures.

This morning I went to the doctor's to get my flu shot.  I was surprised when I saw all new staff at the front desk.  And the messy shelves behind them were all cleaned up.  There was a new filing system there too.  Hmm...  What is going on here?  Jessica has been at the front desk forever and now there is Christine.  Hmm...  Then... at my actual appointment time (how unusual!), I was called in to get my shot by... Jessica!  What is going on?  She said she had been given a promotion to lead tech and her office manager job was given to a new girl (Christine).  Apparently things are going much smoother and the few techs who had been giving people problems with their attitudes are gone.  There were too many complaints about them.  Let's see how this works out.

I know you don't get sick from flu shots, but my arm hurts and I haven't been feeling great all afternoon.  I did rest yesterday.  And I started out strong today, but rested all afternoon.  Now I just want to go back to bed and since it's after 11:00 p.m. I think I will.

Hope you all have a good night.

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Such wonderful images from your patriotic Memorial Day gathering! And that doggie is such a cutie pie!

    Also, love that fall picture with the train! Stunning fall colors!

    Hope you feel better. Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the train. That must be some view! It looks like everybody had a great time at Elaine's.The cake is cute & I'll bet it was delicious! I had to smile at the 'girls together' photo.One guy made it in...Schnitzel! How precious! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found your camera and those are great pictures on it. Love the doggie. Have a blessed Tuesday, and hope your arm isnt sore any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that train with the Autumn. Thumbs up for it.
    Thanks for sharing your family and the Birthday cake. I am off to Shuffleboard and afternoon exercise . Hope your feeling well later from your F shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, What fun to find that camera and get the pictures. I bet you were happy. Looks like it was a great birthday 4th celebration. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are wonderful. It's always such fun to gather with friends and family, and even better to find missing photos. I love the doggies. I agree about the beautiful picture at the top of your post. Wouldn't it be fun to be on that train? You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos and glad you're camera is back into your hands again. Glad you had a good time with family and friends. Aw the flu shot. Phil got his last week and his arm hurt and so am sure mine will hurt next week when I go to my Dr appt. Back work today as I didn't feel good for a couple days. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My arm was sore for a day after my flu shot but gone after that. I've never gotten sick from a flu shot and have been getting them every day since the 70s. Glad you found your camera! Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.