Monday, October 1, 2018

GOODBYE SEPTEMBER HELLO OCTOBER



After having several months just slowly wander past me allowing me to enjoy their wonderful days one at a time, September just flew by.  I can't even remember most of it!  I just do not know how that happened.  It seems as if a few days ago I was celebrating the wonderful beginning of the month and now it is gone.

In September:
Joe along with our Ministry Associate, Rick, began going out into the neighborhood and asking people if they could pray for them.  A great ministry.

I began a series on the book of Esther in our Ladies Bible Study.  It is turning out to be a great time with us learning a lot.

I had my yearly visit with the cardiologist and all was good.  Good news!

We got our first Grove Collaborative package.  I really like the things we got.  So far everything I've used is great.  Especially the method spearmint bathroom cleaner and toilet cleaner.  They get things clean and smell so good.  And we tried the dishwasher tabs for the first time last night.  I have to see how the dishes turned out.  Of course we haven't gotten a chance to try everything.  Joe says the next box is on its way with items I asked him to get.

Of course there was a solemn day on September 11th.  We will never forget.

Joe got very sick and we had to postpone our plans to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary.  *sigh*

My temperature blanket is coming along and the colors sure do show the cooler temperatures we've been having.  But it's still pretty warm.  I'll be doing a post to show you the blanket very soon.

Although we didn't get to go away for our anniversary we did celebrate.  We have said over and over that it was the perfect day.

My anniversary flowers finally all died.  I threw them out yesterday.  But they lasted almost two weeks.  I'm so glad I have pictures of them to remember just how beautiful they were.

Fall finally arrived and several of us went to church and decorated with beautiful fall flowers and leaves.

Last week we had a regional denomination meeting at church on Saturday and then our annual Harvest Day on Sunday.  Both were a great time.

And that brings us up to date.

Last night I made a meat loaf and had broccoli with it.  For dessert we had a slice of sweet potato pie.  It was really good.



And now I will get off of here and get some breakfast.  I'm looking forward to having one of these muffins.


So welcome, October.  I wonder what you will bring with you.


Kathy



11 comments:

  1. Amen! That’s a wonderful prayer to begin October by. I know what you mean, the months are zipping on...I need to be more present to appreciate the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy October! I'm with you, Kathy! Where did September go? It has flown by so quickly, and I suspect October will do the same!

    Love the image of Charlie Brown and Linus ... And the beautiful prayer at the end!

    Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, September just flew by. But then the older I get, all the time seems to just fly by. I hope you get to enjoy this new month of October. I meant to mention in my last comment that Jack is really a beautiful cat. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah September has seemed to have flown by but I can see that you've achieved a lot throughout the month. Hello October!

    ReplyDelete
  5. September did go by quickly. But all months seem to do that except months 1, 2, and 3!!
    I enjoyed reading your recap. Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome October, which is one of my favorite months because of the cooler weather and colorful foliage. You are rigyt too, Kathy, that Sept passed quickly. Glad you had a lovely anniversary celebration last month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the recap & the ending prayer is beautiful. Russ & I were just commenting on how September went by---whoosh! You were certainly a busy lady last month! Not that you normally aren't. Looking forward to the cooler weather & learning more in the book of Esther. Yay,October!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you a lovely October Kathy....what a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. September is goneeeee yeppy!!!! It was my annivarsary last month too and my roses are about dead too i dont want to throw them out....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.