Wednesday, October 10, 2018

FALL IS COMING



Even though the temperatures are still in the 80s, it looks like fall is pushing its way into our area.  This is supposed to be the last warm day of the year.  Tomorrow it drops into the 70s and then the next day into the 60s.  I know it really should be that cool for this time of year, but I will miss the warm days.

At church on Sunday I noticed how things are changing despite the warm weather.  Our local meteorologist says it's because of the amount of daylight, not the temperature that the leaves change color.  I found this one on the handicapped ramp at church and it called to me to be photographed.


It is from our dogwood tree in the church yard.  When I looked up at it, I knew this was a photo opportunity for me.


Even though most of the leaves are green, they are beginning to turn.

There are fall flowers in the church yard.


And except for the evergreens, the trees behind the parsonage are starting to look bare.


Speaking of bear, look at this cutie we saw yesterday at Shoprite when some of us ladies went to lunch after Bible study.  He is huge!  Guess it really is pumpkin time.


Have a good day!  Remember to keep the people in the path of Hurricane Michael in your thoughts and prayers.

Kathy




11 comments:

  1. No real signs of fall here in my part of Texas yet but I’m watching and waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fall is slowly but surely creeping in your area. Enjoy it before winter is upon us. Prayers for those in path of hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see the cooler weather arrive, summer has lingered this year :)
    Lovely pictures of turning leaves.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have FALL here in Idaho. But like you, it's slow in coming.
    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for all in the path of Michael. Your fall colors are beginning to show and your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are seeing just a bit of color here. A lot of leaves are brown and falling.....hopefully more pretty will come! Tomorrow is rain then 50's and 60's for at least a week. I was enjoying the warmer weather but it is getting ever closer to winter.
    Wishing you a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fall colors & cooler temps! The bear was a welcome addition to our lunch group!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, Yes, praying for everyone who is suffering from this storm. They are going to be needing all the prayers they can get.
    I always love to see the pretty pictures to use and the peanuts cartoons . The dogwood leaves are so pretty. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh some very pretty color coming in your corner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your opening picture. It's been Fall here for a while now. I had to put the heat on because the nights are really on the cold side. I do love the changing colors on the trees though. A lot of ours have already changed and are now losing some of their leaves. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.