Wednesday, October 3, 2018

EMI


Today is a special day.  Today my goddaughter, Emi, turned 30 years old.  It is so hard to believe.  I remember the day she was born.  I was sitting at my desk at work (I worked for a law firm then) and the phone rang.  It was her father telling me that she had been born.  I was so happy!  I heard that mother and daughter were both fine and I gave out a loud, "Yay!"  My boss poked his head out the door and asked what was going on.  One of the happiest days of my life.

Here is Emi as a baby.  She was so adorable.


I loved holding her and playing with her.  I was so honored that my best friend, Martha, and her husband, Ryuichi, had chosen me to be her godmother.  Martha and I had worked together for several years.  She was from Colorado and her husband from Japan.

Emi grew up to be the cutest little girl.  Here she is with her dad and her baby brother, Yoshiya.


I would babysit for them and spent a lot of time with them until Ryuichi's job sent them to live in Texas.  Then New Jersey.  Then Colorado.  And finally back to Japan which is where they live now.


Emi has grown up to be a beautiful young woman both inside and out.




Three years ago next week Emi married her long-time boyfriend, Olav.  He is Norwegian and they live in Singapore. 


Yoshiya has grown up too.  They are the two nicest people you would ever want to meet.


Here is the entire family on Emi and Olav's wedding day.


Happy, happy birthday, Emi!  I am so honored to be a part of your life.


Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful girl!! Love hearing about your relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures and memories. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful relationship! The whole family seem like beautiful people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Very happy, attractive familiy and they certainly are well traveled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, Sending birthdays wishes to your goddaughter. She is a pretty girl. I loved seeing all the wonderful photos. I hope you get to see her again . Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful story, thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful story about such a lovely family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos. You have a beautiful extended family. You are so very blessed. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.