Tuesday, October 23, 2018

ANOTHER VISIT TO LOWE'S



Hello, friends!  What a day this has been.  It was a beautiful morning.  The sun was shining and it got really warm by afternoon.


This morning was Bible Study.  I picked Debbie up and we got over there to find we were the only two in the class.  We still had it, though.  It was on Esther 6 -- Earning Rewards and we talked about deserving recognition and giving and getting the wrong and right kind of recognition.  Only three more weeks until we take our winter break.  This year has gone so quickly.

We stopped at Salvation Army on the way home and each of us got rid of a bag of items.  Yay, more out of our houses!  I'm hoping to have another bag either next week or the following to get rid of.

For lunch Joe took me on a date to East Coast Wings.  We had such a good meal and the wait staff is always the best.  I've been there with other people, but it's been awhile since Joe and I went together.  I had wings with Apple Harvest sauce.  I didn't know if I would like it but it was really good and I will order it again.  I also had a side salad.  I am not a salad person -- don't really like them that much.  But the salad at East Coast is always so good.  I don't know what they do differently, but I love it.

Then we ran next door to Shop Rite and got the few things we needed for this week.  This month I tried to buy everything I thought we would need for the month when I got paid and then each week just got the few things I needed to fill in -- fruit, veggies, things we ran out of.  It seems to have worked out much better and has saved us a lot of money.  For example, this week we spent less than $20.  I am going to try it again next month and see if it really works or if this was just a fluke.

Joe had to stop in Lowe's to get a couple of things.  While he was looking at tools, I headed to the seasonal department.  I wanted to get some pictures to show you what's on sale around here.  I always expect someone to walk up to me and tell me to stop taking pictures, but no one ever does.  I even had the security guard watching me, but he didn't approach me or ask me to stop, so I guess it's OK.  So here's some of my favorite items.  First let's look at Halloween, Thanksgiving and Fall.  There wasn't much left and everything was 50% off.

I loved this wreath, but I don't need any more wreathes.  I can't use all the ones I have now.


I keep looking at this Thanksgiving tree.  It is a felt tree with removable leaves.  You write things you are thankful for on the leaves and then reattach them to the tree.


Happy Jack-o-Lanterns!


And a little video for you.


Of course the majority of the decorations were for Christmas.  I thought, "This is early" but really it's not.  There's only about 9 weeks until Christmas.

What they had was beautiful.  This is what you saw when you walked through the door.  I'd need a much bigger house and yard to use that 8-foot tall "Joy".  I did like the bench with the Christmas pillows though.  I liked the little penguin too.


Lighted reindeer.


I loved this sign.  But $12 was a little pricy for me.  I'll wait until the price goes down.


And I LOVED this wreath.  I may have to get this.


Skiing nutcrackers.


A lighted rocking horse that rocks.  So cute!


Lots of lighted decorations.  Some of them changed colors.


A very large Frosty!


This large "Joy" would look good in my front window.  It changed color from red to white to green to white to red.


Then I walked through the Christmas tree area.  It was enchanting.  Each was prettier than the last.  Flocked trees, colored lights, white lights, big trees, little trees...  Beautiful!









It was like walking through an enchanted forest.

When we got home I told Joe I was really tired and wanted to take a nap.  I laid down on the sofa and pulled my temperature blanket over me since it was right there.  It is almost big enough to cover me, but not quite.  By the time I knit December it will be just right.  So many of you have mentioned how big it looks, but the pictures are deceiving.  If it covers my feet, it comes up to my armpits.  Once I finish the next two months and put a border on it, it should be fine.  It was nice and warm, though and I fell right to sleep.  I woke up 5 hours later!  I must have been really tired.  I am hungry now since I slept though dinner, but I don't want to eat a lot and then go to bed.  So I am going to get off of here and figure out what to eat.

Hope you enjoyed going through Lowe's with me.  I am planning on showing you the little bit of decorating I have done this weekend.  I have a bit more to do and then I will take pictures.

Have a good evening everyone and I will see you tomorrow.

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Loved the trip through Lowe's! The Halloween dragon was at Wal-Mart too. Thought he was very impressive! I love the lights at Christmas...It's a shame we don't seem to carry the Light with us the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the trip through Lowe’s , we are behind you with the Christmas decor in our stores, it’s just starting here a little in the dollar store, I love the trees that look so real, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of you....I went to Lowe's last week! heehee! I didn't see nearly as much as you have there but it was fun. I may go back and see if they have that red pillow with the snowflake. I love that pillow! Oh and the felt tree! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, So funny..Ted and I were in our Lowe's in Kokomo. I took a picture of that same entry display. Although our store it was more crowded. :) We were buying plumbing gadgets. Then to Wal-Mart for some things. Our Wal-Mart is being over hauled and it's confusing to find things after it was set up so long the other way. I hate even looking now. Glad you and Joe had a great dinner. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only nine weeks until Christmas? Hardly seems possible! I hear they're already having Black Friday sales. Crazy isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful fun trip to Lowe's. I love that adorable dragon. My favorite of the trees are the ones with the multi-colored lights. Gosh, Christmas is coming so soon! I did watch Game one last night. Woo Hoo! The Red Sox won! They are broadcast on Fox channel, if you get that channel. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos, Kathy, and thanks for sharing them here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.