Wednesday, September 12, 2018

THIS AND THAT



Hope you are all having a great Wednesday.  Thank you for all of your comments yesterday and for understanding that I was not really answering anything.  For those of my new readers, here is a link to the first post I did about 9/11/01.  Thought you might want to read it.
https://lookingatlifethroughmybifocals.blogspot.com/2011/09/ten-years-ago-today.html

It tells my story of that day -- where I was and what I was doing.  Basically my sister and I were in Connecticut, heading to New York City in order to get home.  Fortunately we were not in NYC when the planes hit, but the day was a nightmare.  It took us the entire day to drive what was a few hours trip.  God was so good to get us back safely but it has definitely left scars on our minds and hearts.

Joe is very sick.  I got him an emergency appointment with the doctor last night.  The pharmacy was closed by the time we got home, so went this morning to get his medicine.  He had another doctor's appointment at the V.A. Hospital today but I had to reschedule it.  Poor guy, he's really sick.  He's not going to his Veterans' Meeting tonight or Bible Study tomorrow.  That is not Joe.  Please pray for his recovery.

I am working away on my temperature blanket and am completely caught up.  Hopefully I can get a picture of it later this week and show it to you.

Well, as for my surprise posts later this week...  Things have changed.  We are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary on Sunday and were going to go away for three days.  I was going give you posts with lots of pictures.  BUT...  Someone is sick.  Very sick.  And it's not me.  So I called and rescheduled our vacation.  We are going to Sight and Sound in November to see the new show they have.  We were going to just go and come back in one day, but now we will go the day before and come back the day after making it a mini vacation.  It will still be fun and I can do some Christmas shopping at the outlets there.  Hopefully Joe will be up to going out to dinner for our anniversary.  If not, we will just postpone the dinner for another time.

I'm sorry I haven't been taking pictures lately.  Yes, I still have the red camera.  No, I haven't found the blue or silver ones.  Where can they be???  But I do have one picture of Joe when he was preaching a few weeks ago that I can share with you.


I would never make a good pastor's wife because I would be taking pictures of my husband in the pulpit all the time.  Tee hee!  His sermon was excellent, by the way.  Probably the best he has done.  My friend, Debbie, told him it was "powerful".

So back to my cleaning.  I have found a way to make it work for me.  Since I am becoming overwhelmed and in a lot of pain cleaning, I am giving myself just one thing to clean each day.  I can handle one thing and stuff is starting to get cleaned up.  I got an entire paper grocery bag of recycling off of one table.  Yay!  The holidays are coming and I want it to look good.

Hopefully I will talk to you all tomorrow with another Throwback Thursday.

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Your love and pride of your husband rings true in your writing, that is so wonderful, I'm sorry he is sick, I hope it's just a short lived flu or cold and he will be right as rain soon, sounds like some exciting times coming up for you! Your photos are always wonderful and at least you still have one camera lol hope the others surface soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a prayer for Joe. May he be feeling much better very soon. Happy Early Anniversary...bummer about someone being so sick, but as you say, anniversaries can be honored at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, I am finally back after our move and we finally got internet! I am so sorry Joe is sick. I can't imagine him missing church functions unless he is really sick! I will say a prayer for him and for you, too, because I know how worrisome it is to have a sick hubby.
    Love to you and happy early anniversary. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear Joe is sick and your anniversary celebration had to be postponed. Hope he feels better soon (and it isn't serious). Please do keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that Joe is that sick. If he's not going to church,he must be really bad. Know that I am praying for him & hopefully he'll feel better soon.
    Happy anniversay early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I am praying for Joe....please take care of him...make him do as the drs. say. LOL Don't forget while cleaning to look for your cameras. :) Blessings and hugs to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear that Joe is so sick and that you've had to change your anniversary plans. Just remember, you don't have to go anywhere special to realize how much you mean to each other. I'm hoping that Joe gets well quickly. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Joe is so sick and sorry you need to postpone your time away. But maybe we will be able to meet up with you next time! I'd love that. Please take care. I think your one thing will provide the success you'd like....good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.