Sunday, September 16, 2018

OUR TWELFTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY



Today Joe and I are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary.  It is not what we had planned.  It's been very low-key.  But perfect.

Of course we began by attending church.  Every six years we have the privilege of actually being in church on the day we married there.  Today was such a day.  Here we are on our wedding day.



And here is a couple of pictures that Carolyn took of us this morning standing in the same place that we stood 12 years ago.  We tried to recreate the pose as much as possible.




Have we changed?  Not all that much.

Yesterday there was a surprise for me.  Joe bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.



Here is the card that was with it.  It brought tears to my eyes.



After church we went to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Yamato Sushi and Habachi Grill.



The menu was enormous -- about 10 pages.



I thought I knew what I wanted before I got there, but once I saw the menu, I began changing my mind.  It was hard to choose.



Joe had never had gyoza.  It's one of my favorite dishes so we got that as an appetizer.  It was so good.  Joe loved it and we will definitely order it again.  We ate it before I got a picture of it, so I found this on google.  Fried pork dumplings and dipping sauce.  Incredible!



Joe got chicken yaki soba.  I tried some and it was delicious.





I got Sunshine Sushi.  It is vegetarian and has sweet potatoes, avocado and mango.  I love it!  It is so good.


It was an incredible meal and I'm so glad we decided to go there.

We came back home and have just been relaxing ever since.  I was going to make a pork roast for dinner but we are both still full so it is going to be something much smaller.  I will do the roast tomorrow.

I'm so happy and am going to enjoy the rest of our day together.  Another year down.

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Looks and sounds like you had a very good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds just perfect! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you two lovebirds. It was fun seeing your wedding photo and the recreation on your anniversary. You both look very happy in both photos. And, the celebration looked delicious. You're right that the pork roast can wait...relax and enjoy the rest of the day together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!! Your special meal looks DELICIOUS!! Glad you got the same pose at church as you had on your wedding day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary Kathy and Joe. My daughter celebrated hers this week and so did my grandson.. I think Joe is a charmer. That was a beautiful bouquet and sweet card. Blessings for many more years together. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 12 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bouquet & even more beautiful card. Joe is a keeper! Love the recreation pose. The food looks delicious. Relaxing together is good too.
    Happy 12th and many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary Kathy..gorgeous flowers and your dinner looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary week...that’s right! Celebrate all week long. You both look even happier than on your wedding day. 🕊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.