Wednesday, September 26, 2018

EVENING RAINS AND SWEET FLOWERS


We don't have colors like this yet.  Probably won't for another 4 to 6 weeks.  But I love looking at pictures of the beautiful fall colors.  I love fall.  I just don't like what comes after fall.  And you all know what I mean by that!  The awful "W" word.

This evening we had a terrible thunderstorm.  The lightening was really bad.  It scared poor Jack and he ran away.  But since it is over, he has come back and is sleeping.


At least tonight's storm wasn't as long or as hard as last night's.


The rain came down so fast and hard.  You can see it pouring off of the awning.


I took a couple of videos so you could see how bad it was.


The sound is of the rain just hitting the awning so hard.  The wind was terrible too.  It was like being in a hurricane.


The rain was so hard it made a lot of noise hitting the pavement too.  The yard was flooded and I haven't seen that in years.



At least none came into the house.  Bad as it was, it was nothing compared to the poor people in the Carolinas.

It looks like it is foggy here, but that's the rain coming down so fast.


It lasted about 2 hours and then was over.  I was so glad it wasn't worse.

In the meantime, look what I found on my African Violet.


It hasn't bloomed in three years and I am beyond thrilled that it decided to do it this year.


I hope there are more flowers coming.  But even if there aren't, I'm happy with these.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening and a great day tomorrow.

Kathy



9 comments:

  1. Wish I was walking along that autumn path. Love the colors & the sound of rustling leaves...The rain was something.You really captured it in your video!
    Jack looks so handsome in that photo.Great shot! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that your African violet is blooming, if you give it some African violet food (cheap at Wal*Mart), it will bloom and bloom. We must have been in the same weather system because your weather last night sounds like what happened here. It was wild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never go to Walmart. Hate that store. It's the only place I was ever robbed. But I am sure that I can find the plant food at Home Depot. I usually don't use plant food on my violets. I killed four of them that way. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Jo , A Brit In Tenn. said they had 6 inches of rain. I do not care for heavy rains, because of the possibility of floods. So glad it did not enter your home. Your violet is so pretty. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had 3-5 inches of rain and it is still raining as I type. We needed 'some' rain but not all that much. I understand the sound as it hits the roof, etc. Scary to say the least. Just be safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack look perfectly comfortable! I love his whiskers!! That was some rain you had! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, thank you so much for the phone call last evening! It was so sweet of you!
    We didn't have storms here, just rain. And more rain today. I keep saying that I hope this crazy wet weather gets it out of it's system before the season which starts with a W!!
    Dale's mother was so successful with African violets. She had loads of them. A green thumb I do not own! Best wishes for many more blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have crunchy yellow leaves from our heritage birch tree. Swept the steps and walk to our house for Bible study last night. Looks like rain on Monday which will be nice. We need it! Had some the other week now it's warm low 80s but going back into the 70s tomorrow and beyond. I can't keep African violets alive very long...but my mom could and poinsettias too..not me. Still have some plants blooming outdoors which is nice. Must water again this evening. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a bit of here too, but the last couple of days are gorgeous. Your African Violet is just beautiful. Hope it gives you lots more beautiful blue blossoms. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.