Friday, September 7, 2018

A THROWBACK THURSDAY ON A FRIDAY



Yesterday was such a busy day.  It began with me going to the cardiologist for a follow-up visit.  Such good news -- everything turned out perfect.  He was running late so even though my appointment was for 10:00 a.m. I didn't get in until around 11:00 a.m.  Sometimes doctors have emergencies and I understand that.  They had the Hallmark channel on in the waiting room so I didn't mind at all.

I rushed home, got something to eat, and then took Joe to his doctor's appointment at the V.A. Hospital.  God was very good and I got the best parking space I have ever had -- the handicapped spot right next to the door.  My legs were hurting so badly so I really appreciated that.

While I was in the waiting room I heard these people talking about old TV shows and celebrities.  What a blast from the past!  And I felt so old.  But it gave me an idea for some posts for the blog.  I thought I would do -- at least for a little while because this blog is always changing -- a Throwback Thursday and see what you remember from the past.  Now I will admit that some of us are a little more uh mature than others, but it should be fun for everyone.

So for today...  who remembers … these guys?

Howdy Doody with Buffalo Bob Smith

This is who the two gentlemen and the lady were talking about the most.  Yes, it's Howdy Doody and Buffalo Bob Smith.  I was telling Joe that when I was really little, maybe about 3 years old, I told my mom that Howdy Doody was a little boy.  She tried to tell me that he was a puppet and I got really angry with her and said he was not!

But now for extra points and a chance at bragging rights, who knows the name of the clown and the name of the princess?  This will tell me how old you are.

I have lots of other throwback ideas.  This should be fun.

Joe and I were both beat by the end of the day and all the running around we were doing so we went to the Country Club for dinner.  I had fried chicken and Joe had prime rib.  I know, I could have had something more elegant, but I was craving fried chicken all day.  It was good.

When we got home, my legs were so swollen I could hardly walk.  I laid down to put my feet up and fell right to sleep.  I slept the entire night and woke up just a short time ago.  I guess I was really tired!

And now it's on with my day.  The car is going into the garage today to be inspected.  I have a lot of cleaning to do, so this will force me to stay at home and do it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Kathy



15 comments:

  1. I do remember Howdy Doody and Buffalo Bob. You sure did a lot of running yesterday, so hoping you can rest a little today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody deserves a day of pampering! Enjoy & do things at YOUR pace. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up in a Mennonite home (and my dad was a pastor!) we were not allowed to have a TV. Only after I was married did I have one. So, that said, while I do know who Howdy Doody is, I don't know details about the show....sadly.
    Glad you got the needed rest your body desired. Hope you feel great today....it should be cooler but maybe the humidity will hang around, unfortunately. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies



    1. I have been getting a lot of rest. Maybe too much. Well, gray days do make me tired. Hope all is good with you.

      Delete
  4. I’m glad your appointment went well, that’s great news, sorry your legs are still bothering, that’s difficult for sure, but you always have such a wonderful attitude, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no use complaining. No hope for my legs, so I just have to go on.

      Delete
  5. Clarabell was the clown, and the princess was Princess Summerfall Winterspring. I watched that program all the time when I was little. What a lovely memory. I'm so glad that both your doctor appointments turned out so well. Hope your legs are feeling better today, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you remembered both the clown and the princess. It is a good memory isn't it?

      Delete
  6. I'm old and remember Howdy Doody and Buffalo Bob! LOL Hope you got your work done and didn't wear yourself out doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not old. If you are old then so am I and I am not old. LOL. Didn't get much done, but everything I do is that much less for later.

      Delete
  7. I remember Howdy Doody but not Buffalo Bob. Yesterday at work 2 of my coworkers were trying to figure out what shows Bert Reynolds was in, since he died that day. Smokey and the Bandit...I remember that show, with Sally Field. I liked Popeye cartoons and Bugs Bunny and other Looney Tunes cartoons, Rocky and Bullwhinkle too! Hope your legs get better soon, no fun! Thankful you had a good report at your dr visit and a good parking spot for Joe's appt! Sweet! Take care and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Howdy Doody time! What fun to hear that from the tv. Did you sit on the floor in front of the tv like I did? heehee! I see someone said the clown's name! I'm glad your appointments went well! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember sitting on the floor, but mostly on the sofa right across from the TV and never moving from the spot. Ah, the good old days.

      Delete
  9. Yes Kathy, I too remembered Howdy Dowdy and Buffalo Bob and the clown Clarabell and Princess summerfall winterspring. I also recall Wonderama.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.