Friday, August 17, 2018

TWO TEMPERATURE BLANKETS


And that is just what I am going to do as soon as I finish this post.  I thought I would quickly show you the progress I've made on my temperature blankets.

Today was our Crafters meeting at church.  I first worked on my current temperature blanket.  After four weeks or so I am finally completely caught up.  Now it's just one row a day.  I laid it out on the sofa at church to take a picture of it.




I think I might run out of the pink I'm using for 80* temperatures.  It's supposed to be in the 80s for the rest of the month.

After knitting the one row for today, I brought out Joe's temperature blanket and spent the rest of the time weaving in and trimming the ends.  It is finally done and ready to be washed and then used.  I laid that out on the sofa too because it is so big.


It is so pretty, but I wish I had made it a bit smaller.  It does tell a story though.

Now I must go to bed.  I am so tired.  See you later.

Kathy





11 comments:

  1. Both of your blankets are beautiful. You do such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both blankets. You weren't kidding about how big Joe's is! Still you did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blankets are beautiful. I don't know how you could make them any smaller. Do I understand correctly? It's a row a day for a year? Wow, you have such patience. If I were crocheting, I'd have to make it a six month blanket. It would still be a big blanket. Maybe I'll give it a shot some day. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a row a day. But with Joe's it was two rows a day to get the pattern right. That is why it is so long. Many people do a six month blanket because they get so big. You should try it sometime. It is fun to see how the pattern turns out.

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea and you have done a great job on both! Thanks for sharing the progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I think Joe will be warm from head to toe with his nice blanket. They are such pretty colors. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both are beautiful! Good job on telling the story. I never heard of a temperature blanket until seeing yours....such a practical memento!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your temperature blankets too~good ideas! Our weather has cooled and so thankful for that to happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.