Friday, August 31, 2018

CLOSING OUT AUGUST


Looking back on my former posts, I saw that I haven't done a change of month post since January!  I am really falling down on the job this year.  Hopefully this post will make up for the ones I missed.

August has been a very hot month.  Most of the days were in the high 90*s.  This is reflected very concretely in my temperature blanket.  As soon as I finish the last three rows (hopefully tonight) I will post a picture for you.  The weather report on TV just called it rainforest like humidity and that's exactly what it feels like.

I was going to go get my car inspected today, but it was pouring.  I got up early, got myself together and out the door, and then turned back because I couldn't even see the road.  I made it about four blocks and gave up.  So first thing tomorrow I am at the garage.

It did let up enough for me to get my hair cut today.  I had about three inches taken off and it feels so much better.

We had a great Bible Study the month of August.  We were studying the Fruit of the Spirit.  An excellent study which we finished just this week.  I think I learned a lot and I hope my ladies did also.

Joe had the opportunity to preach last Sunday and did a wonderful job.

For some reason I felt like watching Hallmark movies this month and began recording the ones I was interested in and watching one a day.  It's really nice to start my morning with a good story as I feed Jack, eat my breakfast, and get myself ready for the day.  When I take out the commercials, it comes down to about an hour and 20 minutes, so that's not bad.

This month my sweet Hadley turned one year old.  It seems impossible, but there you go.

I got a chance to get together with my friend Donna at our favorite place East Coast Wings & Grill.  It was fun to see her again.

Really, not a lot going on this month because of the heat.  It gets to a point where you don't even want to leave the house, just sit in front of the air conditioner and veg.  Even ate out a lot because it was too hot to cook.  Hopefully next month will be a little cooler.

Since I have not been keeping up with my calendars, I decided to just wait until next year and begin again.  Much easier that way.

And now my eyes are closing and I have to get some more sleep.  Until later...

Tomorrow is September Morn.

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. Yes, it has been a hot summer, I hope September will bring cooler days with less humidity
    Hope you are feeling better !
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am so excited about that!! Wish you were closer so we could celebrate together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the opening fall picture! Those colors are beautiful! So looking forward to cooler weather...I agree about vegging in front of the a/c...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kathy! This is my first visit to your site! What a lovely place! I just became one of your new followers!

    Our weather here in the Heartland - Midwest has been fairly miserably hot for much of August, as well. We had a few days that were cooler and more pleasant, but then the heat came right back again! Of course! :)

    I love that you also enjoy watching Hallmark movies! I love them so much, in fact, that's actually what I blog about! I'm so excited about all the Fall Harvest themed movies to come, then Christmas! Do you enjoy all the seasonal films too?

    Hope September brings us both some much needed cooler weather!

    God's Blessings, Net

    http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com

    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time has gone by so fast, Hadley is really sprouting up,!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, Love the picture. Our August was terrible hot too. The worst I can remember. I am hoping for a long fall season with low humidity. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the rainforest humidity! There was so much rain yesterday in Lancaster County that flooding, once again, was happening all over the place. Some areas got 10+ inches!
    Hopeful for cooler weather this month! Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We finally got a nice break here in the temps. Today though, temps are climbing back up a bit. The cooler temps will feel so good, but still I'm not looking forward to Winter. I don't like the cold. Your Hadley is growing fast. The older we get, the quicker the little ones grow. I hope you're feeling better now. You have a great Labor Day day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.