Friday, July 13, 2018

WHAT'S GOING ON



I've had a busy couple of days.  Yesterday I went to see my oncologist.  I see him every six months.  I think he is the BEST doctor I have ever seen.  I have been going to him for about 15 years now.  I began to see him as a hematologist and then when I got cancer he treated me for that also.  He said that all my blood levels are great.  And he talked to me.  A lot.  I can trust him with anything and he never hurries me along.  I told him about all the things that were going on with my primary physician and he gave me some great advice.  He also got the tests I needed to have approved for the last six weeks in the works and I just have to schedule them on Monday.  In fact his staff apologized that it would take them 24 hours to get the information to me.  What a difference!

Today I went and had my hair cut.  It needed it so very badly.  I love Kim at Mane Connection.  Originally I saw Deb and she is good but Kim is way better.  I tell her what I want and she makes it come to life.  I love the new cut.  What do you think?



Joe and I went to Target to get a few things this afternoon.  A few things turned into a lot of things.  Mostly food.  But I did rein it in and not get everything that caught my eye.  Here are some of the things I was considering but they did not make it into my cart.


There were tons of pretty mugs.  Like I need more mugs.  I have tons.  But these were very nice.  No K though.


I loved this bowl.  It was wood on the outside and china on the inside and so pretty!  But it was $17 and I don't need it.  But boy do I WANT it!  We don't always get what we want, do we.



Here are some more dishes that I liked.  They are in the Hearth and Home collection by Chip and Joanna Gaines.  The striped ones look like pillow ticking and the others like gingham.  I'm hoping to go back and get a set.  I love little dishes.  *sigh*

Here's one of the little stray cats that I feed.  Isn't she cute?  I call her "Kitty."


I will try to do a Target haul post tomorrow and show you what I DID get.  I'm really tired so I think I will end for tonight and get ready for bed.  Have a nice night everyone.

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good visit with your oncologist and got a few things figured out. After I had my pedicure this a.m. I had a hairdresser at the same shop trim my bangs. Looks better now. Waiting a few more months to get my long hair trimmed. 92 degrees today, 96 Thurs! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE mugs! Like you,I don't need another one.I am so glad you had a good oncologist visit.You are blessed with a doctor who will listen;so many don't.
    The new haircut is cute. Looks great on you.It will certainlt be cooler for you. Nice meeting you Kitty! SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, We have a target store in Kokomo 25 miles from here...I never go to that store..but those little dishes appeal to me. LOL. Your new hair cut looks very pretty. It's great to have someone you like do your hair. The best news is your dr. When we trust and have faith in our doctors, it makes a big difference. Blessings for a great weekend, stay cool, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear your appt. went well...I know exactly what you mean about how much a great physician can make a huge difference in our lives...and then the not so great.....sigh..darling new hair cut for summer...I look forward to your Target haul....I will share one next week! Have a good weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to have a doctor you can trust. And what fun to go to Target...I haven't been in ages! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a good visit with the oncologist.
    Your new haircut is very pretty.
    I have a large collection of mugs but I'm always looking for more because I have a son that likes to break them.
    At first glance I thought those little dishes were throw pillows they don't really look like dishes at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thankful you have a good doctor who will talk to you and help you with your health. It is rare to find one these days. I know what you mean about wanting this or that when I go shopping. That is why I started getting the pickup groceries at Walmart, because if I go in, I buy too many odds and ends. Hope you have a good Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sadly its a rare thing to have such an amazing connection with our doctors so you are very lucky indeed,, your hair looks really cute,, you really wear that style well, the dishes are cute and its so hard to tell ourselves no sometimes isn't it lol,, I was like that with the pioneer women stuff so I bought it and give it to my daughter,, its so pretty too, we don't gave the ones you talked of here,, from the television home redo people,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new "do" looks really nice on you. I think it's wonderful that you have such a caring doctor. It really does make a difference. I'm another mug collector. I had to stop years ago and give away most of my mugs. hahaha. But I still look and every now and then, buy. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.