Saturday, July 21, 2018

THIS AND THAT



Hope you all had a good Saturday.  I have so much to do and ended up sleeping most of the day.  Oh well.  I really have to buckle down and get things done before I go away this week.  Yes, it's Sisters Week time but since we can't have a Sisters Week this year because of my sister's work schedule, we are taking a couple of days and heading for Lancaster County.  You know you are coming along.

Today I was looking through my pictures and saw some stray ones and thought I would do a This and That post for you.

Here is Sir Jack sitting on top of the sofa surveying his kingdom.  Or at least the living room.



He's so cute when he is asleep.




Wednesday night we stopped at 7-11 on the way home from Bible Study.  I stayed in the car while Joe ran in to get a couple of things.  I just loved the way the lit store looked against the houses and had to get a photo of it.



I've been going through tons of clothes and giving so much away.  But look what I found.  I even forgot that I had this shirt.  So glad I found it so I can wear it again.



Joe made a pineapple upside-down cake for Fellowship Time at church tomorrow.  It came out good.  He was very happy with it.




After getting my hair cut last week, and seeing how white the crown was, I decided to dye my hair.  Especially before my vacation.  It turned out nice and even though it is much darker than it was, no one has seemed to notice.  And no one even noticed that my hair is almost two inches shorter than it was.  Or if they did, no one said anything.


And finally here's a beautiful sunset I saw a few days ago.  I love going out to the kitchen to make dinner and having such a gorgeous sky in front of me.  Of course today it was rain and clouds.  But even that is good.  We need the rain so badly.


And that is it for today.  Hope you all have a great weekend.  Until later...

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Jack is one handsome boy.The camera loves him! I agree about the 7-11.I would never have thought of that as a photo.Your top is so cute. It's surprising what you find when you de-clutter. I find mostly unread books & tons of photos! Ha ha! Have a purrrfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of Jack....he is a handsome boy for sure. Hope you have a good time on 'Sisters' few days. The pineapple upside down cake looks yummy! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tshirt you found, Kathy....AND the pictures of Jack. He is just adorable...and knows it, I bet. I haven't had pineapple upside down cake in years-always love how moist and rich it is. Hope you have a great Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Jack is so handsome! That cake looks delicious! Your hair does look really nice. One of these days I'll do something with mine too. I think it's fun to uncover forgotten treasures when cleaning out closets. Your photo of the sky is beautiful. We are having a bit of rain here and it feels ever so good. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, So fun to see Joe's big smile after baking the cake. It really looks good. Hope you still have fun on your days away...even if it isn't a week. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good for a road trip because it’ll be the only way I get to Lancaster County! Let’s have fun. 🙂

    That pineapple cake looks good enough to dive into. Yummo.

    Good for you clearing out some things. I was able to do some of that last week, too. It has barely made a dent, but another few trips to Goodwill should help.

    Have a happy week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute kitty!! Love your shorter hair and the color looks great! Joe's cake looks yummy!! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake turned out great! They don't always come out of the pan all in one piece! He did a GREAT job! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy...
    I do remember you showing us your haircut a few weeks back...you thought your bangs were quite short! Looks good to me!
    Enjoy your week ahead....raining here today 💦
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.