Sunday, July 22, 2018

SUNDAY MAGAZINE




Another Sunday and another magazine finished and on its way out of the house.  Here's my picture for you.

This is from HGTV magazine June 2016.  They really don't have a colorful back page, but the first page always has a "Front Door of the Month."  Isn't this pretty?  A light blue door really wouldn't fit with the red bricks and white concrete of the front of my house, but I sure love that lemon wreath they have.  Maybe I could make something like that for my door for next year.  I'm sure there are some fake lemons at one of the dollar stores around here that I could use.  Hmm....

Now that I've finished Joe's temperature blanket, I can start on the one for this year.  OK, I really did start it in January, but it didn't work out and I ripped it out.  Three times.  I hated it.  And that's one reason I decided to do Joe's first.  That and the idea that I wanted to give it to him for his birthday.  So now it's back to mine.

I am attempting to knit 10 rows a day.  This way I get through each month in 3 days.  So far I have finished January.



You can see from the gray and navy how cold it was.  I can vividly remember that time.  I was always cold.  It's on to February today.

I'm getting excited about going away this week.  It's going to be so much fun.  But now I have tons to do.   There's always something.

So until later...

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. I like the lemon wreath on the door. Your blanket is going to be very nice too. I know you are looking forward to getting away on your trip. Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemon wreath is pretty. It's interesting when you can get ideas of your own from photos.I enjoy seeing the creativity of others.Have a great time away & travel safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lemon wreath is lovely. If you make one, be sure to show us a photo of it. Your blanket is going to be beautiful. Enjoy your vacation. You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have two darker blue doors at our house...wreathed really show nicely on them. Never knew how much I liked blue doors till we saw this house!
    Have fun on your getaway! Hope it doesn't rain too much for you...we had over 3 inches of rain this weekend. It's to be a rainy week here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, My daughter finally painted her front door a pale yellow...the house is blue. It looks great. I am sure you could come up with a cute lemon wreath of your own. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy...that's going to be lovely...I adore those color combinations! I look forward to your finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our across-the-street neighbors painted their door a light green. I didn't care for it at first but it has grown on me. The light blue in your photo is very nice! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.