Sunday, July 29, 2018

SISTERS GETAWAY DAY 1 PART 2

I started to post about our vacation yesterday and ended just as we were about to get to the hotel.  So that's where I will begin today.  We stayed at La Quinta.  Joe and I have stayed there several times, but this was Elaine's first time.  We checked in and got our room keys.  It was a beautiful room.  The only thing wrong is I had asked for foam pillows since Elaine and I are allergic to feathers and they gave us all feathers.  When they called to see if the room was OK I asked for different pillows and they brought them to us.



Here was the view out of our window.  I loved seeing the corn field and the vegetable garden patch.




After resting a little bit and changing our clothes, we headed to Bird-in-Hand for dinner.

Related image
Google image

My legs were hurting me so I chose to have the turkey dinner delivered to the table.  Elaine got the smorgasbord.  I am not a big fan of turkey, but it was so good on Thanksgiving that I wanted to try it again.  It was good, but not as good as the last time.  I got the small portion and it was huge.  I would hate to see the large portion.  Our waitress was really nice.  I told her I had been there for Thanksgiving last year and she said she had worked it so we had a little conversation.

After we ate we looked around the shop a little bit.  I got Joe a sugar-free apple dumpling and my friend Donna had asked for a pumpkin whoopee pie, so I got that for her.  And of course I paid for dinner for Elaine's birthday.

It was still early, so we headed to Hershey Farm to look at the shops there.  We used to stay at Hershey Farm all the time.  Joe and I even spent our honeymoon there.  But the inn was sold and it went down in quality with both the rooms and restaurant.  We will try it again eventually, but it will have to come up in quality.  The shops are still good though, so that's where we headed.  Elaine got a few small things and I bought an Amish doll to send to Hadley for her first birthday.  I know she won't get another gift like that.

After shopping I said I wanted to get some pictures of the animals, but my legs hurt so much.  Elaine said she would take some pictures and headed off.  Here's some of what she took:



















By this time we were both beat, so we headed back to the hotel to relax and watch some TV.

We had brought Elaine's birthday gift from Joe and me with us and she opened it out there.


We gave her a Pioneer Woman teapot and a pretty mug from Target.

We were both really tired and kept falling asleep so that was the end of Day 1.   I'll start Day 2 tomorrow.

Kathy


10 comments:

  1. what a beautiful spot! Sounds like you had a lovely time except for the painful legs, somehow I think I missed yesterdays post so I will go read that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a really, really wonderful time. I am sorry that you are having trouble getting around though. Hopefully, today is a lot better day for you. Blessings and Happy Birthday to your sweet sister-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a sister! Looks like a very relaxing adventure! Have fun! Thank you for sharing, those animals are so cute! ~Dazee~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun trip, but hate it that your legs are bothering you so much. Hoping the rest last night helped and you will have a good day today. Nice bday gift for your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you both are enjoying your time there very much. Everything sounds so wonderful. I love the photos of the animals, especially the white geese. Haven't seen any of those in a while. Hope your legs feel better. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I hate that you are in pain on your fun time with your sister. Praying you get better quick. :)That is a nice room. Like the gift you gave your sister for her birthday. Please tell her Happy Birthday from all of us. Blessings to you both, be safe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sad to read that you were in pain and couldn't really enjoy your sister time. You still seemed to have a nice time and I'm sure she will remember her birthday celebration weekend with you! Looking forward to Day 2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't get to Bird-in-Hand very often. Good Lancaster County food there and yes, it's the PA Dutch way to serve huge portions! Glad you had a good time. Never realized that hotel was tucked back in there till you told me about it. It gives you a 'close to the action but still in the country' feel. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your photos and documenting the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lancaster is a nice town. I remember Strasburg when we were there in 2002! Fun visit with my beachy Amish friends! Good time with sis and nice PW tea pot! I enjoy her items as well! i have 4 of her cookbooks. Enjoy your week. It's really hot outside...97 right now and so thankful a/c is working. Megan wore shorts to work as it's so warm back in the bakery with no a/c at all! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.