Wednesday, July 4, 2018

FOURTH OF JULY


Happy Independence Day everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful day.  The heat wave continues here, but a little better.  The high temperature today was 90*F (32*C).  We are to have one more day of 90* weather and then cool air comes in.  Well... relatively speaking.  It will be in the 80s.

I hope when the weather cools off some I will have the energy to do something around the house.  Right now all I do is sit around, watch TV, get on the computer and sleep.

Joe and I picked up our pastor this afternoon and we went to East Coast Wings for lunch.  He is finally off of jury duty.  Carolyn is away for a week so he is on his own.  It was good spending time with him.

I made hotdogs for Joe for dinner, but I wasn't and still am not hungry, so I skipped dinner tonight.  I am not feeling too well.  Maybe the heat?  I am calling the doctor tomorrow... if I can get through to her.

The neighbor across the street set off a lot of fireworks tonight.  They are so close that they burst right over my house and car.  Not nice.  These houses are too close together to do something like that.  They are pretty, but...

Before I end I will show you a few pictures from today.


Who is that patriotic girl?


Can't see it too well, but in my window I have a red, white and blue foil star and red, white and blue candle.


Flags everwhere!

Have a good evening!  Try to stay cool.

Kathy





11 comments:

  1. What a pretty and patriotic girl you are. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a good day out. Hope you get to feeling more energetic and eat some food to give you that energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good picture of you! Praying you feel better today....the heat is getting to all of us. Loved your decorations for the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be good to see the end of this extreme heat. I doubt it's doing anybody any good. Shame on your neighbors! The fireworks around here weren't bad.The M 80's are the worst & I didn't hear but a couple of those.
    You really should eat something,Kathy. Crackers,salad,something.If you want any energy you are going to need fuel.
    Hope you feel more like yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, Fireworks make some people totally mindless. :):) My daughter's neighbor let off some heavy duty explosions...more like dynamite . No pretty anything just big noise. Everyone jump at the first few..so unexpected. In a tight housing condition too. So rude and scary. I think they should be outlawed. No wonder pets are terrified. I am so worn out by the extreme heat and humidity. It zaps my energy. I hope we all can feel peppier once it cools down. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of you! And your decorations too. My goodness, I would have been nervous over fireworks so close. Yikes! Yes, this heat....the 80s will feel amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your patriotic décor. Especially your pretty tee shirt. Personal fireworks are against the law in lots of places, like here, but for some reason the police don't do anything about it. Sad. Hope you're feeling better soon, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fireworks are fun, but they are downright scary in tight neighborhoods... I could smell them when I went to bed after midnight and they continued well into the night. Hope that you are able to get through to your doctor and that you are feeling better soon. The cooler temps will tell you a lot. I have been wiped by this humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sunglasses...how cute are YOU!!! And I hope you feel lots better today my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute shirt and great decorations! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy 4th, Kathy, and your outfit was very colorful and liked those glasses as well. it was HOT in Nashua, NH too for the holiday and we were glad the ac was working well in the apt. Hope you are feeling better with the cooler temps coming in/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.