Thursday, June 28, 2018

WHAT'S HAPPENING



Yes, my attitude is really bad.  I am due for a time out.  The beach is a great idea.  Oh, I wish.  I told Joe that we definitely have to get to the shore at least once this summer.  Even if we go just for the day.  The Jersey shore is only an hour and a half away so we can do it back and forth in one day.  In fact when we were kids both Joe's family and mine would do just that.  No one stayed over.  No one had money for a hotel room.  Joe's family would always go to Wildwood and my family would go to Atlantic City or Asbury Park.  Now Ocean City is our place.

We are in the beginning of a heat wave.  By Sunday the heat index will be up to 105*F (40.5*C).  I think I will be spending most of the day in the air conditioning.  I am not a big fan of A/C except in temperatures like that!

I have been very lazy about cooking.  Last night after Bible Study Joe called out to one of our local pizza places.  I got a gyro sandwich.  As I was eating it I kept getting it caught on the stitch in my gum from the extraction.  It was very loose but still firmly in there and it hurt!  It hurt so much that I stopped eating halfway through the sandwich.  I finally finished it taking small bites every few minutes but it was difficult.

This evening we were both hungry and couldn't figure out what we wanted for dinner.  I suggested going to Shoprite and getting a rotisserie chicken.  But when we got there, we decided to go to the in-store restaurant.  It is so nice to have an inexpensive place to just have dinner that is only four blocks from home.  Joe got a hoagie and I got a vegetable egg roll, some fried chicken, and a fruit salad.  The cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon were so sweet and good!  It just hit the spot.  The people there are so nice and when we thanked the server as we left, she seemed surprised but pleased.  Doesn't anyone have any manners anymore?

Tonight I noticed that the stitch in my mouth has fallen out.  I didn't notice it and I know I had it when I was eating dinner, so I guess I swallowed it.  Oh well, I'm not worried about it.  I'm sure many people swallow stitches.

I am trying so hard to work on the house, but I just have no energy.  I seem to have the most energy about now -- 11:00 p.m.  Why?  Well, tonight I had iced tea for dinner so now I'm wide awake.  I think when I am finished this I will try to get some housework done while I have at least a little get up and go.

I finally got the Office program on the computer tonight.  It took some doing, but I am hoping it works.  It had better for $150.  I need to get the church bulletin done.

I noticed there were a lot of comments on my last post about driving in rush hour traffic in the middle of the city.  I guess it is all what you are used to.  When I worked downtown I would drive to work every day.  I had my driver's license only a month when I drove around the city.  I've even driven in Manhattan.  Boy was that an experience!  So driving in heavy traffic is second nature to me and I don't think I'm brave or anything like that.  It is just something I am used to doing.



I am getting used to the new computer, but I still miss my other one.  I knew what I was doing with it.

I'm going to get off of here now and do something before I go to bed.  Hope you all have a good night.


Kathy

18 comments:

  1. I think it is the time of the year, the weather or something, that makes us have no energy or 'get up and go'. You are a busy lady and I dont know how you get all you do, done, as it is. Take care of your #1 and everything else will fall in place. Hope you get used to the new computer and enjoy it as much as the old one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hot weather really does tap your energy,that's for sure. I take it easy when it's this hot.

      Delete
  2. Love the beach photo! I'm not a big fan of the beach except for very early morning. I prefer my sand cool.No one has any get up and go right now. The news is warning all to take it easy.When I was a child my family rented a house in Wildwood with my aunt's family.We had an outhouse!Can you imagine that today? Take care of yourself through this heat,my friend. (I may just fill the tub & sit till I wrinkle! :) #private pool! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't go on the sand. I walk the boards.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, I think there's times we all need a vacation. Maybe have some salads and sandwiches, no cooking. Read a nice book or write letters. All this while in the AC, these next few really hot days. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our heat wave is supposed to last 10-12 days. I am definitely going to take it easy.

      Delete
  4. I love going to the seaside. It is truly a relaxing place. I understand the need to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so relaxing. I could listen to the waves all day.

      Delete
  5. I love the beach, sand and all :) I'd live there if I could afford it.
    The heat is an energy sapper for sure. We are fortunate to live in the trees so it's never as hot here as it is everywhere else. Take it easy....but I know that's easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would live at the shore too if I could afford it. Maybe someday. Lancaster County is almost always cooler than Philadelphia. We have all the wonderful heat holding concrete.

      Delete
  6. We are just now getting the heat wave. I don't think we are as hot as you are, but my daughter is going to put my A/C in the window for me later today. Don't worry about what you can't do right now. It will still be there waiting to be done later when you have more energy and the weather is a bit nicer. Glad you're getting a bit used to your new computer. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are coping with the heat. I am staying inside as much as possible.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I hope so too. But it probably won't happen until September.

      Delete
  8. Hope you and your husband can take a trip to the shore, salt air and sand,happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree. The salt air, sand and sun sure does make me happy.

      Delete
  9. Hope that you and Joe will be able to take some time away, Kathy, as we all need "unwind" time. I have been catching up on blog reading and glad to see you were able to get some information backed up from your failed PC and hope the replacement will work out well for you. We are also experiencing a heat wave in Nashua, NH and I agree with you that staying indoors is the best thing to do unless absolutely necessary to go outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are in the middle of this heat wave too. Take care and keep cool.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.