Friday, May 25, 2018

WHAT I'M READING: ANGELS AT THE TABLE by Debbie Macomber (2018/5)

It has been a long time since I told you what I was reading but that doesn't mean that I haven't been reading away.  I am going to try to catch up by telling you about one book a week.  The first one is another Debbie Macomber Christmas angels book:  Angels at the Table.

Image result for angels at the table debbie macomber

This book came out in 2012 and I asked for it from my Pollyanna (Secret Santa for those of you not in Philadelphia) at work for Christmas.  My Pollyanna that year was Bob and he thought I had the easiest gift ever and got it for me.  So you know this was not my first read of this book but it was as much a joy to read this time as it was the first time around.

Summary:
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
In this joyous and whimsical holiday novel, Debbie Macomber rings in the season with the return of Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, delivering laughs, love, and a charming dose of angelic intervention.
 
Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy know that an angel’s work is never done, especially during a time as wondrous as New Year’s Eve. With an apprentice angel, Will, under their wings, they descend upon Times Square in New York City eager to join in the festivities. And when Will spies two lonely strangers in the crowd, he decides midnight is the perfect time to lend a heavenly helping hand.      
 
Lucie Farrara and Aren Fairchild meet after bumping into each other—seemingly by accident—in Times Square on New Year’s Eve. They immediately hit it off and find they have a lot in common: Lucie is a burgeoning chef and Aren is a respected food critic. But just as quickly as they’re brought together, another twist of fate tears them apart, leaving Lucie and Aren with no way to reconnect.
 
A year later, Lucie is the chef of an acclaimed new restaurant and Aren is a successful columnist for a major New York newspaper. For all the time that’s passed, the two have not forgotten their one serendipitous evening—and neither have Shirley, Goodness, Mercy, and Will. To reunite the young couple, the angels cook up a brilliant plan: mix true love, a second chance, and a generous sprinkle of mischief to create an unforgettable Christmas miracle.

My opinion:
Such good books these angel books are.  They are funny, sad, bite your nails to see what happens next, all at the same time.  There are quite a few of these and I love them all.  I'm so grateful to my friend, Debbie, for introducing me to them.  Even when I think I know what is going to happen, I'm never quite sure.  I highly recommend all of these books.

Back next week with book number 6.

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good read. I like Debbie Macomber. I think she is a good story-teller.
    I see that I missed Joe's birthday, too. Belated HB to him. Since I started back to work full-time I am not visiting like I used to do.

    Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I have not read a book in so very long. It's my eyes , I really need my surgery....because it strains my eyes to read too long. Glad you like that new book. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the angel books! They are all you said...and more.The thing is,you always finish with such a good feeling.Glad to hear you enjoyed the book! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's one of my favorite authors. Enjoy your books and have a great Memorial Day weekend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any thing Debbie Macomber writes is good. Glad you enjoy her too. Have a nice holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite authors too. When you want to feel good and enjoy characters you like...read her books! It's raining here today and I'm reading a mystery by Deborah Crombie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a Debbie Macumber book yesterday at Barnes and Noble...a cookbook! Interesting. I've read a few of her books and they are good. Will check out this angel one eventually! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.