Wednesday, May 23, 2018

JOE'S BIRTHDAY


Sunday was Joe's birthday.  No, really.  Yes, his actual birthday.  I know it seems as if we have been celebrating for weeks, but this was the real day.  I chose this picture for the blog because "Joe Cool" aka "Snoopy" is his favorite cartoon character.  Although he does love "Huckleberry Hound" too.

Image result for huckleberry hound

We started the day by going to church.  But first we stopped at Shop Rite and got a little birthday cake.  I wish I had taken a picture of it.  It was so pretty with blue and purple swirls in the icing and "Happy Birthday, Joe" written in blue on the top.

I stopped outside the church to watch these birds and take a picture.  It was so fun to see these little birds, a sparrow and a robin, take a bath in a puddle in the parking lot.  I always notice things like this and try to share them with whomever I am with.  In this case it was my friend, Kathy.


By the time we got inside everyone had sung "Happy Birthday" to Joe and he asked me to cut the cake.  There was just enough to go around with two slices to take home and enjoy later in the evening.

In the afternoon Walt and Carole came over and we went to Cracker Barrel in New Jersey for a special dinner for Joe.  That is where he wanted to go.  The morning had been beautiful, but now as we crossed the Delaware River it began to cloud up and started to rain.



We got into the restaurant as it was just drizzling, but as we got seated the heavens opened and it was pouring.  But by the time we were ready to leave the sun was out again.


Walt and Carole had breakfast for dinner.  Joe had the Sunday chicken dinner and I had a pork chop.  I love the way they grill their chops.  It's always so moist and juicy.

I took this picture of Joe in the car on the way home.


I was glad he had such a nice birthday.  But I told him this is it until next year.  I'm all birthday'ed out!

Kathy






11 comments:

  1. What?! There are many more days of his birthday month left. 🎂

    ReplyDelete
  2. He milked this one for all it was worth, didn’t he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he enjoyed every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Special guy to be celebrating all this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kathy, you made me laugh out loud...you are all birthday'ed out. LOL Glad you celebrated so long. Blessings to you and Joe Cool, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is fun to celebrate one's birthday for a week or more!! Especially the older we get!! Sounds like your Joe was celebrated well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was truly a HAPPY birthday :) Everything you did sounds absolutely delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like ya had fun....again...another celebration...why not? hugs and happy night from me...Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to celebrate more than once. I'm glad you had so much fun. Even the weather cooperated. Awesome! You have a super weeend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday to Joe! I wish him many more fun days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad the sun came out when you were ready to leave the restaurant, Kathy, and lucky Joe still continuing to celebrate his birthday. I suggest that folks should always celebrate these special events the whole year through as they will only come once a year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.