Monday, April 23, 2018

THE MONDAY GARDEN



I think we might finally be finished with winter.  Keeping my fingers crossed here.  The temperatures have been nice here the past few days and I have downsized to a sweater from a jacket.  Joe even washed my jacket (which used to be his) for me.

I was in the yard the other day and things are looking great.  Thought I would show you some pictures.


Of the five lilac bushes I planted, just one remains.  But that's fine with me.  I wouldn't want more than one.  And it's doing well.


The irises are looking good.  They didn't bloom at all last year.  Hope they do this Spring.


At least one hyacinth came up.  They didn't do well this year.


Tulips. I took this picture on the 13th and none had opened yet.


A lily.  Can't wait to see it bloom.

What a difference from the 13th to the 21st when I took these other photos.


Sparrows and a mourning dove.


One tulip opened up.  Another one has opened since these pictures were taken.



My hosta are back.  I thought they were gone for good.


Another lily.


The irises.


The lilac bush has really opened up.


More hyacinths.  I think I will have to buy new ones next year.  These didn't do so well.


I planted some marigold seeds in my little pot.  Hope they grow.


Welcome to my garden.


Love this flowering tree.  They are all over the neighborhood.  But since I didn't plant it, I have no idea what it is.


This is what the flowers look like.  Does anyone know what it is?


So pretty against the sky.


I forgot to take a picture of my pot of pansies.  A few broke off and I brought them into the house.  I'll be sure to show you that next week.

Hope you enjoyed the garden.  I will enjoy it more now that the weather has warmed up and I can spend more time outside.

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Oh hooray Kathy. I too think the worst is over for us , as far as cold or snow go. And good riddance to it. I like that you have blooms in your yard. I have nothing just yet...but oh so eager to get some plants in my containers. Blessings to you and Joe, stay well. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Spring does finally to arrive, everything changes so quickly! It looks wonderful and I know you are enjoying your yard again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks wonderful and spring like! I think those are Pin Cherries flowering trees but I could be wrong,,,we still have too much snow for blossoms,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plants are coming along nicely. That tree might be a white crab apple tree. You can check images of it on Google. It's looking like Spring here too. Yeaaaaaaaaa! You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the weather is improving in PA, Kathy. We have had at least two days of sunshine and temps inching into the 60s during the daytime so time to get out the short-sleeved shirts, but still keeping a jacket handy! Thanks for the garden tour and the person who said the blooms might be crab apples could be right. I've seen those flowers before but am not sure of their name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things are looking up! I think Edna is right about the white crab apple blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two lilacs. One's been here for awhile. The other one I bought last May so it's small. Nice flowers you have. We've got a lot of birds and I saw a red shafted flicker the other day while outside planting my new flower plants. Its going to be a warm week here as well. 75 degrees to and tomorrow 80 on Wed. Such a change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute puppy! I like the tree too.Very pretty. Your garden is really waking up to spring! My hyacinths came up but didn't fare very well.I can't wait till Russ is ready to plant & I can get my coleus! I love the colors & they're so hardy.Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is looking very springy in your garden and shortly will have colors of many kinds. So glad winter has gone on vacation and spring has arrived to stay. We have lots of rain, but it is washing the pollen away so I cant really complain. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring has sprung! Your garden is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.