Thursday, April 26, 2018

THE FIRST DAY OF THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE - Part one

Hello everyone!  I am back.  Just got home today and glad to be here.  I loved being away but there really is no place like home.  We had a wonderful time at the conference.  I will try to share it all with you.

We left Philadelphia around 10:00 a.m. on Monday and headed to my sister's house.  We were going to have lunch with her since it was her day off.  That worked out so great!  We stopped for gas and got to her house around 12:15 p.m.


 We love visiting Elaine.  Her home is always so welcoming.  Lunch wasn't quite ready so we had time to just sit and chat for awhile.


Don't you just love this little antique sewing chest she has?  She always finds the cutest things.


And here's Ace, her new little puppy.  He has more energy than any dog I've ever seen.  And he LOVES to play ball.  If you visit, you had better be prepared to throw that ball for him.



We left there about 2:00 p.m. because we had another hour's drive to get to the Conference Center.


It was so easy to pick up Route 80 from Elaine's house and head back to Pennsylvania.  Funny but it was easier to go to New Jersey and then back into Pennsylvania than to stay in the state for the entire way.

The scenery was gorgeous as we drove along.  But Joe was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up to take pictures.  But here's a few pictures I got from Google.

Image result for Delaware Water Gap from Route 80

Image result for Delaware Water Gap from Route 80

As I was driving I passed a sign for a Scenic Lookout.  Since we had plenty of time, I decided to stop.  It was up a pretty steep road, but well worth it.  I got out of the car and took these pictures.










When I showed these pictures to Joe he asked where I took them.  He had slept through the whole thing and didn't even know I had stopped at the Lookout.  😊

We finally arrived at Pinebrook after passing it, pulling into someone's driveway and turning around and going back.  It was good to get there.


We checked in and went to our room.  It was in the Nearbrook Building.  It was near the brook, yes.  But also up a long steep flight of stairs.  Those stairs were not nice to my arthritic knees.  But I did it for two and a half days and lived to tell the tale.  Next year we have to ask for something a little less wearing on me.  That was my only complaint the entire time I was there.  Everything else was great.

This was the view from our room.  It was beautiful to wake up to.


This is getting really long and it's getting very late.  I have to get up early tomorrow to go to a dentist I've never met and have a tooth extracted.  I am not happy and rather frightened if truth be told.  I have lots of people praying for me and if you would care to add your prayers to theirs I would be most grateful.  I will tell you about the rest of the day tomorrow.  It's nighty-night for me.

Kathy



19 comments:

  1. Such beautiful scenery! The vastness at Lookout...I could look at those views all day. Ace is so adorable! Glad you got time with Elaine & had a safe drive up. Will be praying for your procedure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures can't do justice to the beauty in the Pocono Mountains. It is breathtaking. Thank you for praying for me.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures and so glad you had a good time at the Conference. Will say a prayer for you and the dentist today and hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Conference was great and I'm looking forward to sharing the rest with you. So much to tell! Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  3. My parents used to attend Pinebrook summer conferences--I think the same place as you were, though much has changed. Glad you had such a good time and hope the dentist goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lunchroom is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. So cool that your parents went there.

      Delete
  4. What beautiful scenery and photos. The view from your room was so wonderful. I hope your dentist visit goes well (and painless). You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the Pocono mountains are beautiful! Been too long since we were there....we spent about 4 or 5 days in a cabin in the Poconos in 1973 on our honeymoon :) Looking forward to hearing more about the conference.
    Hope your extraction went fine....not my favorite either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent a week in Canadensis in 1973. Wouldn't it be something if we were there the same time.

      Delete
  6. I've never been to the Pocono Mountains. I have heard of Pine Brook but didn't know where it was. Now I will have to go to Google Maps and drive around. Glad you had a good time there. I hope that your extraction went well with no complications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinebrook is in East Stroudsburg if that helps your search. It is so beautiful in the mountains.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it sure does. I was trying to see which roads you may have taken. The scenery was beautiful. You certainly are brave to drive in all that traffic out there.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos! Hope the extraction went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful drive, beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sure is some beautiful countryside! I'm glad your trip went well. And I hope your dental appt goes well too. I'm keeping you in my prayers. It's always hard to go...we all feel that way! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.