Saturday, April 28, 2018

SECOND DAY OF THE 135TH BFC ANNUAL CONFERENCE

Tuesday morning dawned bright and beautiful.  I just loved looking out the window at the lake each day.



We got ready for the day and then headed to breakfast.  I had scrambled eggs and bacon.  After we ate we went to the first meeting.  Again, the singing was wonderful.



The message was brought by Pastor Bertolet.  He spoke on "Building a Church with a Building" from Ephesians 4:11-16.  It was fantastic.  I took so many notes.


Following the message we had prayer and then took a break.  Instead of staying for the business part of the meeting, I went back to the room to take a nap.  I ended up not sleeping, but doing other things like reading and straightening up the room.

We brought snacks with us so we wouldn't be eating a lot of sugary things that we shouldn't.  But I did take a container of fresh veggies from the meeting to snack on.  The other snacks we had were Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips and Tomato Basil Lentils.


Each of the delegates was given a commemorative mug and a bag of coffee flavored with chocolate and citrus.  It smells good.  Joe hasn't tried it yet, but I'm sure he will.  I don't drink coffee.


I took some pictures of the room to show you.  This was the double bed, but it was so small that both of us couldn't sleep in it.  Joe gave me the bed.


He took the bottom bunk.  We stored our things on the top bunk.


Here is the bathroom.  It is better than the first one we had and certainly adequate for the time we were there.



It's a tiny room, but plenty of space for us.


It was always a pretty view out of the window.




Here are the steps that I maneuvered each day.


The brook was next to our building.






This is the Fellowship Hall where the meetings took place.


I was walking over to the Dining Hall for lunch when I decided to take this picture for you.  There were lots of pine cones.


There were pine cones all over the place.  I guess that's where the name Pinebrook comes from.


Here's the Dining Hall.


I usually walked around this way to get there and took a break on the benches.  My arthritis was so bad and between the steps and the walking
I was having a hard time navigating the place.  I was in a lot of pain the entire time.  But it was all worth it.


I took these pictures as I was sitting on one of the benches.  The sky was so beautiful.



I look for the crooked tree each year when I am there.


These flowers were planted under the tree.


There are two big pots of flowers outside of the Dining Hall.  So pretty.


And Joe's favorite flower -- daffodils -- outside of the Dining Hall.


Looking back toward our cabin.


 Lunch was Mexican food.  I can't eat it so I had the salad bar instead.  They had some really nice things on it and I didn't go hungry for sure.

On the way into Fellowship Hall after lunch I saw this hanging on the wall by the garden.  I had to get a shot of it.


The Children's Garden outside of the hall.


In the afternoon Pastor Ramirez from La Roca de Merida in Mexico gave the message.  It was "Building a Church Without a Building."


Joe and Pastor at the meeting.


There was more business and this time I did go take a nap.  I slept for about an hour, then went to dinner.  I had fish, mixed vegetables and a roll.

Then we went to the evening meeting where we were ordaining four men and recognizing the ordination of two others.  It was so crowded with the friends and families of the men that I had to sit on the other side of the room.  My friend, Sharon, finally found me and sat with me.  I was so fortunate to meet up with Sharon.  We spent the whole week together and enjoyed each other's company so much.  She was even at the service when Joe and I renewed our wedding vows back in 2016 so we've known each other for quite awhile.  Sharon is one of the nicest people I have ever met.





There was a reception afterwards but once again Joe and I just headed back to the room.  We were tired.  And besides, we were avoiding the cake.  There were five cakes in the three days we were there.  Not great for a diabetic.  So instead we just got ready for bed and tried to get a good night's sleep to be ready for day three.


And that's where I will end this post.  More to come!

Kathy



7 comments:

  1. What a pretty lake and flowers and you are keeping very busy with the meetings and all those stairs. Our women's Bible study is focusing on Ephesians and the armor of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you enjoyed he conference and learned a lot. Nice place where you stayed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty place for your conference center! Thanks for sharing so many great photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Giving up sweets and sugars will be the best thing for you and Joe..you guys are sweet enough already. :):) Joe looks so content. I like the place you are having your retreat. It is pretty there. Kathy, I loved that sign. Have a safe trip back home. Blessings to you both, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of the running creek! I think I would have sat listening for hours.The scenery is beautiful. Those stairs look steep for you...sorry for your pain.:( It sounds like you got a lot out of the speakers.
    Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, do you use a walker? It might make it easier to get around some days. I have one, and it does help when I have to do a bit of walking. I have a little basket on the front of mine and Pogo sits in the basket.

    You room is lovely, and I definitely love the view. Enjoy your meetings, and have a super day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so beautiful. Two in a full size bed just does not work!! We had a queen size for many years but it's now a king for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.